Kraton Kraton servo upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jk420 how does warranty work? Can they look it up by the serial number at all. I'm normally really good with paperwork but I remember looking all over the day after I bought it and never found the receipt. Not sure how long they been building the V2. I got mine around March.without paperwork I'm probably hit.
Depends on where you bought it. Was it new? If so just call and let them know where you bought it from and they may have you send the truck in or they may just send you replacement parts. You should have paperwork on where you bought it from somewhere, in your email or store receipt?

Yeah it was a LHS. Only receipt they gave me was a small cash register slip like a gas receipt. I got the manual and all that but didn't see a need to hang onto box. I'm gonna drive over and talk to them and see if they can help me. He had a Savox SG 1268sg in stock for 69.99. I'll buy it from him if he is going to help me with warranty the old one. If not I probably won't buy much there anymore. I try to support the local guys but they don't seem to care. I got a text they had outcast in stock. I called and they only had 3. I explained it was an hour drive for me and he said he would hold one until I got out of work about 5 hours later. Drove over and they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about. I didn't appreciate it much because I waited an extra couple weeks when I bought Kraton. Could of got sooner and cheaper but wanted to support local. I buy smalls online but cars chargers anything I figure they can make a buck on and still give me close to same price I buy from them.

I think your on the right track. Do like you said and go from there. Your LHS should have record of you buying it and they should help. We don't have a local hobby store. We went to out of town and boy the people working in there weren't the most helpful. Tried handing me 1000 shock oil when I asked for 1000000 diff oil....just wow.

Not that I recommend the Stock servo, but it can be had on E-bay for $15-$20. That 1238SG Savox is a beast though and for that price is a steal.

Not that I recommend the Stock servo, but it can be had on E-bay for $15-$20. That 1238SG Savox is a beast though and for that price is a steal.
Yeah bro I was mesmerized by that pretty aluminum. I almost ordered it but than I realized it isn't waterproof. I try to avoid water but it happens. Plus my boy gets lucky once in awhile and I let him tool it around a little so definitely need waterproof. Budget is a little tight this week but I thinking I'm probably gonna go with the 1210SG. I believe it was one of your posts that got me looking at it. Looks like there best in the waterproof line.

Yeah bro I was mesmerized by that pretty aluminum. I almost ordered it but than I realized it isn't waterproof. I try to avoid water but it happens. Plus my boy gets lucky once in awhile and I let him tool it around a little so definitely need waterproof. Budget is a little tight this week but I thinking I'm probably gonna go with the 1210SG. I believe it was one of your posts that got me looking at it. Looks like there best in the waterproof line.

I am no expert, though my knowledge of this car has grown exponentially in my months as a member here. I do use that servo and have posted about here several times. I really didn't want to spend the money either and ordered a stock servo, then it kept buggin me and buggin me watching other guys blow their stock servos over and over. Before I was able to get the servo installed, ( I was waiting for the new servo mount, which got stuck in Chicago at the post office. I'm in CA) I ordered the Savox. Same reason as you. seemed to be the best water proof model they had. Anyway, the servo is strong and fast. I have yet to have an issue with it. Find my old posts, and you will see the small extras I had to do in order to install it. Nothing that can't be figured out on your own, but you will need a couple spacers to help with the added height. And the wires were a tough fit, in the GKA mount.

Anyone recommend a servo so my kraton make tighter turns on a race track?
You're gonna want a servo with high torque. Hitec 7954 which is both powerful and fairly fast, or a Savox 1271 or 2274.

Those are just the three at the top of my head. They all have around 300in/ozs of torque and are pretty fast. There may be cheaper options, but I stick to Hitec and Savox for CS and repairability.

You're gonna want a servo with high torque. Hitec 7954 which is both powerful and fairly fast, or a Savox 1271 or 2274.

Those are just the three at the top of my head. They all have around 300in/ozs of torque and are pretty fast. There may be cheaper options, but I stick to Hitec and Savox for CS and repairability.

thanks mate

So does anyone know of a Savox that does not require any spacers or mods? Just a drop in? I am running the V3 with the updated servo mount...fried my stock servo this weekend and want to upgrade.

let me know when you find out

So does anyone know of a Savox that does not require any spacers or mods? Just a drop in? I am running the V3 with the updated servo mount...fried my stock servo this weekend and want to upgrade.

I'm looking for the same thing. If anyone knows a good servo that fits just like the stock one without mods...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back