Kraton Shock Oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boostedpig

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
What is the stock V3 Kraton oil weight?
I'm running a large heavy 7400mah 6s lipo so I should run heavier oil correct?
What weight oil should I buy?

Stock is 1000cst, roughly 80wt

Personally I'd think you'd be fine with the stock 1000 and maybe move your shock mounting location to the outer most holes in the tower and/or set your preload collars on the shocks down just a bit. We're only talking 300-ish grams of additional weight as opposed to your average a 5000mah pack

The oil slows the action of shock doesn't do anything for weight adjusting preload would be best

I understand that but wouldn't a heavier vehicle be able to manipulate the fluid in the shock easier so you'd want a thicker fluid to dampen the extra weight or am I wrong?

You’re right, but the change in weight is not that massive to change the oil i think, but do check the preload with that load.
Also, depends on where you live, if it’s winter and the temps are low then you get the effect of higher weight now due to the cold, in that case i wouldnt worry about it until the summer

I am having trouble with the rear kraton v3 having a lot of bounce been playing with thicker oil and position of shocks. My best change is going to emulsion setup with 1000cst. The springs are high rating and I haven't changed them but going with more preload was making it worse

I am having trouble with the rear kraton v3 having a lot of bounce been playing with thicker oil and position of shocks. My best change is going to emulsion setup with 1000cst. The springs are high rating and I haven't changed them but going with more preload was making it worse
I run 50wt front and 40wt rear on my kratons. Seems to have great dampening for me this time of year in 40-50 degree weather.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back