Kraton Kraton Speed Gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fan I got for my Kraton came with everything you need to connect it to the receiver, including the Y adapter...and it came in three days when Amazon said it was gonna be weeks...
That’s good they included the Y adaptor. Iv got the Yeah Racing fans on my cars which did not include the adaptor. The connectors are slightly different but they fit.

If you haven’t already swap out the centre diff fluid (thicker) to maximise the gains you’ll get out of the car.
With the bigger pinion alot of the power will bleed to the front tyres. These tyres will be in the air not making contact with the ground and as a result less speed.
Funny you mentioned this, I took it out for a short run yesterday and your right those front wheels are up more than that are down :) Glad I ordered the heat sink because even with the short little jaunts I was playing around with yesterday the motor without, got pretty warm. As per diff fluid I was just looking around for that info. Which alternatively brings me to this question...is there a resource, maintenance section, an All Seeing Eye, of a thread pertaining to maintenance/upkeep in the forum?
I bet that's a good bet ;)

Ever noticed how all the Chinese companies sell exactly the same products that look amazingly like other more expensive products sold by more name brand companies...wonder why that is? :p

Use silicone ear plugs, the thicc-est ;)

Here's what I put in mine and I haven't even geared it up yet, still makes a huge difference in handling though:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003LZQGN6?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
So...instead of thicker oil/grease...your using ear plugs?

Funny you mentioned this, I took it out for a short run yesterday and your right those front wheels are up more than that are down :) Glad I ordered the heat sink because even with the short little jaunts I was playing around with yesterday the motor without, got pretty warm. As per diff fluid I was just looking around for that info. Which alternatively brings me to this question...is there a resource, maintenance section, an All Seeing Eye, of a thread pertaining to maintenance/upkeep in the forum?

So...instead of thicker oil/grease...your using ear plugs?

Yes, they are silicone ear plugs swimmers use, it's basically like putting tar into the diff. It gets very close to locking them up and they can still move if necessary a bit but if it needs there is still "some" movement...it basically locks them up with some padding. Got the idea from Kevin Talbot (YouTuber) who's for it on almost all his pashers. If you are planning on racing you might need a lighter diff fluid but if bashing is life, like it is for me, then lock the center diff. Makes the car much more responsive when you hit the throttle ;)

Yes, they are silicone ear plugs swimmers use, it's basically like putting tar into the diff. It gets very close to locking them up and they can still move if necessary a bit but if it needs there is still "some" movement...it basically locks them up with some padding. Got the idea from Kevin Talbot (YouTuber) who's for it on almost all his pashers. If you are planning on racing you might need a lighter diff fluid but if bashing is life, like it is for me, then lock the center diff. Makes the car much more responsive when you hit the throttle ;)
Went to check it out but no luck in finding reference to it on his YT site, will continue to look. He has a lot of info out there

So as mentioned I order the dual heatsink/fan setup from Power Hobby...boy these little guys kick butt for their size on 5 volts :) Tried to upload a short video but I suppose I cannot. :)

Attachments

• 20200731_175253.jpg
    20200731_175253.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 45
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back