Kraton Kraton Speed Gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Realism

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Is it really a problem if you run speed gear off road? I thought I read something that suggested only use speed gear on road. What say you?

I have a 15t tekno pinion in mine, seems to work pretty decent, but I'm not sure its a speed gear as those are usually like a 1 pass and give it a break to cool and stuff.. how fast u trying to get too!?

The underlying issue is heat. Higher gearing will increase that. Depending on your running environment and your driving style, it may or may not be an issue but ultimately it’s on you to monitor your temperatures to make sure you’re not cooking your electronics and to either take more breaks, add more fans or gear down if you’re approaching critical temps.

I have a 15t tekno pinion in mine, seems to work pretty decent, but I'm not sure its a speed gear as those are usually like a 1 pass and give it a break to cool and stuff.. how fast u trying to get too!?
I still have my stock pinion in....I haven't changed to put the speed gear in. However I would like to get to around 65mph. I just was wondering if it will hurt the vehicle if I use my speed gear off road.

There is no black/white yes/no answer to this one. Won’t effect the vehicle negatively save for possibly the electronics and Engineers post above sums that up very nicely. Just watch your temps frequently on first trials and you should be fine.

There is no black/white yes/no answer to this one. Won’t effect the vehicle negatively save for possibly the electronics and Engineers post above sums that up very nicely. Just watch your temps frequently on first trials and you should be fine.
I think I'll put it in and get fans mounted to make sure it stays cool.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back