Kraton Kraton Sputtering Issues Going Forward, But Not In Reverse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey @Rich Duperbash I found the culprit!

The ESC wire was rubbing against (underneath) the front dog bone. I didn't see it until I pulled everything apart. Just black taped it up really good. Surprised the ESC didn't short out.

Also, the front drive cup was also stripped out, so this could have well been part of the issue as well. Maybe it was the actual issue, but didn't show up until it was warmed up.

Back to the bash I go!

View attachment 8544
That's great you figured it out! This stuff drives me sort of nuts until I find the problem. Just a heads up, the drive cups seem to come loose easily, it's happened to me multiple times, especially after hard tail and nose landings I think. I've had to clean the little grub and rethread lock with blue somewhat often on 6s especially.

That's great you figured it out! This stuff drives me sort of nuts until I find the problem. Just a heads up, the drive cups seem to come loose easily, it's happened to me multiple times, especially after hard tail and nose landings I think. I've had to clean the little grub and rethread lock with blue somewhat often on 6s especially.

Good to know. Mine completely rounded out. I think I wasn't paying attention and I put it back on the spline cockeyed.

This may be a longshot, but try recalibrating your ESC to controller per manual page 27 under throttle setup. I've found that turning ESC on before the controller can cause odd behaviors at any point during a run. Was having some ghost driving and loss of reverse until after recalibration. Almost wrecked Kraton 2 months ago because of it, had to manually wrestle her back under control. Hit myself in the ankle with bumper trying to shut her down....Lol.

I'm dealing with the exact same issue right now. Just unboxed the Kraton yesterday.

I'm dealing with the exact same issue right now. Just unboxed the Kraton yesterday.
The stock electronics are pretty impressive overall IMHO. Hope recalibrating does the trick for you. I've done it a few times as a sort of reset, for me it has always corrected anything weird going on between the motor and ESC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back