Kraton Kraton steering blocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nonijuice

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Posting again about this issue. I inspected my steering blocks and found no cracks yet still am having issues with the ball popping out of the block when landing jumps. Everyone said it was probably because of a crack in the steering block, but This is not the case. It’s like the plastic is just too flexible and the ball is able to bend the plastic enough to pop out on landings. I’ve had this issue since day one. I ordered new hot racing steering blocks and ended up getting ones that don’t fit. Perhaps they fit the v3 version but not the v4 version. They are a bit more narrow then the stock ones so the hole for the pin that holds the hex is about a 1/4” off. So now I play the waiting game to get them returned and then order ones that hopefully fit the v4. Just bummed because I want to drive my rc and can’t.

Buy stock new ones there’s obviously something wrong with them off they are popping repeatedly. If you have a local hobby shop it’s probably going to be your most convenient option. Get to know them a little see if they have trucks they go out with. I go out bashing with the people at my lhs so they are basically friends I hang out with so it’s nice to have easy parts support with people who know you.

Cracks aren't easy to see unless you strain the carrier with the ball in it. I've cracked mine in the past and it wasn't that easy to spot unless with it installed I pulled down on the wheel to pull against the pivot ball. Then I could see the cracks.

Have you tried replacing with new stock plastic ones?

I bet they have minature cracks or are simply worn out by now. New ones will already be an improvement.
To avoid this problem completely, get alu hubs from HR, just make sure they are for your Kraton version. You probably only need the front ones.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back