Kraton Kraton steering issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tvcraig75

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hello,
Please watch video and tell me if this is normal. Turns ok on dirt, terrible on concrete, and it seems to be getting worse. Do I just need a stronger servo?
Thanks!

Check your servo saver and make sure it's tight. Looks like the top arm moves but the servo saver is slipping and not transferring the force to the rest of the steering.

I'd be more concerned with which 4 screws did he probably over-tighten needlessly?

Revisiting this, upon closer look, the servo also doesn't respond with a full turn when you turn the transmitter. You will see in this video that the servo hesitates before making a complete move.

Revisiting this, upon closer look, the servo also doesn't respond with a full turn when you turn the transmitter. You will see in this video that the servo hesitates before making a complete move.
Have you tried increasing the steering rate on the remote? If you are using the Tactic, it's the first knob on the left when looking at it from the wheel side. Clockwise rotation increases.

yup first post and new to the kraton v4. Just picked one up a few weeks back after 24 years of raising children and the hobby has changed so much. I been having the same issue as you and did not see these other threads how to fix. I changed servo's and realized it was the steering bell crank servo spring. tore it all apart last night. if you heat it up nice and hot and use a 13 mm socket it will come apart. I drilled out 2 washers to fit and reassembled, nice and tight, and my steering was perfect today. Hope everything worked out on yours.

Tighten the saver and put a decent servo in there, the stock servo is nice but only 15kg, i put a 25kg power hd servo in instead, cheap but way way better

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back