Kraton kraton steering issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

varunkaul

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
when my kraton's wheels are in contact with the ground the steering seems to not turn properly it turns slightly okayish in 1 direction and turning radius is small but in the other direction makes a Much bigger circle to complete a circle

also if I lift the wheels off the ground the wheels turn perfectly in both directions.....but when they are in contact with the ground they don't turn as much

Last edited:
am using the default servo...the car is about 2 weeks old.....u mean the servo saver is loose....or is the servo arm misaligned ?

It could be that the saver is loose. I didn't think that the arm is misaligned because you're description means that the steering is working without contact to the floor and you have the full way to both sides. If the arm is out of the middle, you will have more way in one direction and also no middle position.
It is normal that you have "turning torque" on the steering mechanic while driving, therefore I expect that the saver needs readjustment.
But it is also possible that you're servo is week.....
It is not easy to judge how to suggest without have seen the problem.

when the wheels are off the ground the extent to which the tyres turn and when they are in contact with the ground should be the same ?.....

or will it be different because now the wheels aren't free anymore as the car's weight is on it ....

I think it's working fine while driving that's why I am asking this

Now it´s getting clear more and more! ;)
It is normal that the wheels not turning the hole way while the car is STANDING on the ground.
Have the same issue with my big rock and original wheels. With the actual big joe II you can turn the steering wheel but the
wheels don't move more then 3mm. :)
While driving all ist working but in future I want to replace the servo to a stronger one when the old one is burned! ;)
The original servos are not strong enough for that and also the servo saver is mostly adjusted too soft.
Maybe you can set the saver a little stronger!

ya i tried making round circles both sides now seem to be similar sized but not same ....but while driving hard i can turn sharp will have to restest though
...but my right side wheel is slightly pointing outwards......how do i get that aligned.. i tried adjusting the steering turnbuckle length but for some reason am not able to get both the front wheels parallel... left wheel seems fine but right seems slightly outwards..

this is my 1st rc and got it about 2 weeks back

also the servo saver should be tightened through the hole below the chassis...but i feel it's so hard that i am not even sure if it's getting tightened

Front  Wheels Are they Aligned.jpg

To set the front wheels a little to outwards gives you more control on off road. Just adjust the turnbuckles so that both wheels have the same angle. The servo saver of the Nero family is a little weak. I try to get HR aluminium parts here in Germany to fix that.
If you have still factory settings, check the rear axle, that whees are more inside in driving direction (gives more grip in the curve).
The front wheels have to set a bit outside to give more straight driving stability, If you set them parallel to the chassis, you will get unstable car.

ya the back wheels are toed in... inwards..

okay will adjust both front to point outwards instead of 1 straight and 1 outward .. like what it currently is

You will see, after the equal adjustment the circles are nearly same size.
If you want to have better reaction in curves, you can set the wheels more inwards... but it is working against straight driving and makes the car more unstable. But it will be helpful on small tracks which have a lot of curves in it.
Normally standard is a little outwards. Check also the small plastic clips which you have on the upper suspension arms.
With them you can shift the position of the upper arms to give the front axle a other characteristic while steering.
Normal is factory setting but on sand it is helpful to change the clip into the opposite position.
You can change a lot on the axles and its hubs. More than the most people knows.

ya car seems to be working fine now...but have encountered a new problem now...making a new thread
and thanks a lot ..have a much better understanding now

for anyone else that thinks their kraton steering sucks and didn't read any instructions...

there's a spring loaded connection between the servo and the steering column. this spring basically acts on a bearing which transfers the torque from the servo into the steering column (if you see it it will make sense).

the more tension on the spring, the more torque transferred. this spring is on an adjustable thread and can be wound up.

wind it up a bit and suddenly your kraton will be able to turn too!

easy peezy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back