Kraton Kraton stopped working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe I have a similar issue. Bought a Kraton 6s v5 a couple of weeks ago from my LHS and was doing some light driving on pavement the other day when all of the sudden my car came to a stop. The ESC made the loud beeps it makes when I turn the car on and then it appeared to be working normally. Every 15 seconds or so this cycle would repeat so I turned the car off and took inside to take a look at.

This evening, I was trying to get it running and noticed that now the throttle was operational but the steering did nothing. I rebound the Rx and the problem persisted. All of my driving has been pretty light stuff, no big jumps, no extreme weather, no water, so I thought to myself "there is no way the servo could be dead" but just to see, I plugged in the servo from my sc10 and sure enough, it worked fine.

I have no idea how the servo has fried like this. I have been babying my Kraton so far as it's my first new RC car in a decade. I ordered this servo https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SBYZ4G5/ref=dp_iou_view_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1 after reading some threads on here but it is a real shame that I'm having to replace what is essentially a brand new part.

I have also ordered a FlySky Noble NB4 to replace the stock radio as it seems pretty sloppy and laggy. At this rate, I feel like I might have been better off with the EXB but I'm hoping my luck improves.

so my Kraton 6s V5 is 2 weeks old. On my 3rd time using it my daughters car broke and I had to go fix it. Stopped my car put the controller on it. Fixed her car, went back to mine and nothing... called Spektrum the next day, they are sending me a new Ecs. Meanwhile I already had a Momba 8xs and 1640kv motor coming. That showed up the same day. Went to pair the stock 315 receiver with the Momba and all I got was beeps that I had no radio signal. So my receiver died after a week.

Horizon Hobby will replace the servo under warranty.
That's good to hear. I will reach out to them tomorrow. Is calling them the best route?
Thanks
so my Kraton 6s V5 is 2 weeks old. On my 3rd time using it my daughters car broke and I had to go fix it. Stopped my car put the controller on it. Fixed her car, went back to mine and nothing... called Spektrum the next day, they are sending me a new Ecs. Meanwhile I already had a Momba 8xs and 1640kv motor coming. That showed up the same day. Went to pair the stock 315 receiver with the Momba and all I got was beeps that I had no radio signal. So my receiver died after a week.
Before I bought my v5 I read that the v4's were plagued with Rx issues and hoped that they would've fixed that with the v5. Seems like the weak point for Arrma is the forced Spektrum electronics resulting from Horizon but I'm a newbie and may be off base there.

Any idea of what happened with the ESC? Mine makes a whole lot of noise and it's a bit unsettling but I don't really have anything else this size to compare it to. The startup beeps sound like the engine is being engaged for a millisecond - this unsettling metal clanging and electronic whining sound.

It's crazy to me that my old RTR car that I bought 10 years ago has not had any of the issues I've already experienced with less than an hour on the Kraton. You'd think that RTR receiver tech would improve but 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
That's good to hear. I will reach out to them tomorrow. Is calling them the best route?
Thanks

Before I bought my v5 I read that the v4's were plagued with Rx issues and hoped that they would've fixed that with the v5. Seems like the weak point for Arrma is the forced Spektrum electronics resulting from Horizon but I'm a newbie and may be off base there.

Any idea of what happened with the ESC? Mine makes a whole lot of noise and it's a bit unsettling but I don't really have anything else this size to compare it to. The startup beeps sound like the engine is being engaged for a millisecond - this unsettling metal clanging and electronic whining sound.

It's crazy to me that my old RTR car that I bought 10 years ago has not had any of the issues I've already experienced with less than an hour on the Kraton. You'd think that RTR receiver tech would improve but 🤷‍♂️
Thanks

I’m new here but all the noises are the Ecs going through it’s checks to make sure everything is connected. My Mamba 8s takes even longer than my stock Ecs.

Unless there was a big batch of bad Spektrum servos would you even want one at this point. I've only ran my Typhon a couple times and I've already preemptively replaced it before giving it a chance to fail.

Did they goof by putting the default BEC voltage at 7.4v but sourced a servo meant to only run at 6v?

I believe I have a similar issue. Bought a Kraton 6s v5 a couple of weeks ago from my LHS and was doing some light driving on pavement the other day when all of the sudden my car came to a stop. The ESC made the loud beeps it makes when I turn the car on and then it appeared to be working normally. Every 15 seconds or so this cycle would repeat so I turned the car off and took inside to take a look at.

This evening, I was trying to get it running and noticed that now the throttle was operational but the steering did nothing. I rebound the Rx and the problem persisted. All of my driving has been pretty light stuff, no big jumps, no extreme weather, no water, so I thought to myself "there is no way the servo could be dead" but just to see, I plugged in the servo from my sc10 and sure enough, it worked fine.

I have no idea how the servo has fried like this. I have been babying my Kraton so far as it's my first new RC car in a decade. I ordered this servo https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SBYZ4G5/ref=dp_iou_view_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1 after reading some threads on here but it is a real shame that I'm having to replace what is essentially a brand new part.

I have also ordered a FlySky Noble NB4 to replace the stock radio as it seems pretty sloppy and laggy. At this rate, I feel like I might have been better off with the EXB but I'm hoping my luck improves.
I just got that same servo yesterday havnt put in yet but it's ashame that the stock servo can cause alot of damage and frustrations...

Unless there was a big batch of bad Spektrum servos would you even want one at this point. I've only ran my Typhon a couple times and I've already preemptively replaced it before giving it a chance to fail.

Did they goof by putting the default BEC voltage at 7.4v but sourced a servo meant to only run at 6v?

Possibly, but given the huge number of trucks they must have sold over the holidays I suspect the bad batch is a small percentage. It could be the voltage, but they didn’t just throw Spektrum electronics in without testing. Whatever the issue is, it must have appeared after the testing.

I did that last night nothing happened I wiggle the 2 wires inside though and my servo goes crazy. I'm about to say forget this and just take the 600 loss
$600. loss?? what does that mean?
Slow it down and don't stress. These are sophisticated toys and real easy to fix. You will learn in the process. Get your manual, hopefully your dog didn't eat it. folow the ESC reset procedures. Google YT videos. You will get this going for sure. Follow advice posted above.
I just got that same servo yesterday havnt put in yet but it's ashame that the stock servo can cause alot of damage and frustrations...
Easy now. Don't jump the gun here. We don't even know if its the ESC.
I have never seen a servo damage any ESC before! 🤷‍♂️

Mine did the same a few weeks ago. Fast flashing red light on the ESC. Turned out to be a fried reciever from running in the snow. Fitted the NB4 and all is good.....

I forgot to reply to this earlier. But yeah thank alot it was the stock servo in kraton v5 causing everything to short plugged new one in worked flawlessly
Boom! Glad to help you get it sorted!
Mine did the same a few weeks ago. Fast flashing red light on the ESC. Turned out to be a fried reciever from running in the snow. Fitted the NB4 and all is good.....
Not from running in the snow. It's simply from running at all lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back