Kraton stutters on acceleration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noah 7

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello I am having a stuttering when I hit the throttle really hard. Sometimes it does it sometimes it doesn't. It's like the power kicks in and kicks off may be around 10 times a second. It almost feels like a stripped gear, but it isn't, it is definitely electrical. I had this happen once or twice before, but I just changed to the 14t pinion and it is doing it a lot now. What could this be?

What punch setting are you running?

Im on punch setting 6 and all the leads to the motor look tight.

Stock esc and motor? Good batteries? Have you tried recalibrating the esc?

Lipo's getting weak or too low of C?

I had that happen on one of my trucks out of the blue. Ended up being one of the power leads to the ESC was cracked/breaking inside the insulation due to it flopping around when running. It was broke almost all the way through near the plug, but just inside the insulation. I probably over soldered/underheated when solidering it causing the wire to be stiff with solder up to that point and it was breaking there due to flexing all the time.

Ok, I charged my batteries, put new batteries in transmitter and and did the recalibration thing where you hit the neutral, full throttle, full reverse. It worked good for 1 battery pack, but started again about half way through the 2nd. Recharging batteries and tomorrow will run the battery that acted up first, if the problem starts will switch to other battery and see.
Thanks guys

Man that's one rc part I won't sell to anyone cause I have had bad luck in the past. Electronics are finicky and if it burns up or something I would feel responsible. Especially the way my luck has been recently. I went to the DMV to get a copy of my license and they lost my entire driving record. I'm 30yrs old and I have to hold a learners for 60 days because they have no record of me. So it would be my luck you would get the Esc and it would burn your house down or something.

Man that's one rc part I won't sell to anyone cause I have had bad luck in the past. Electronics are finicky and if it burns up or something I would feel responsible. Especially the way my luck has been recently. I went to the DMV to get a copy of my license and they lost my entire driving record. I'm 30yrs old and I have to hold a learners for 60 days because they have no record of me. So it would be my luck you would get the Esc and it would burn your house down or something.
Sorry for your luck

No comment ??????

Yea man. I'm so used to being knocked down I just crawl through life now. On topic of the post you may want to get a cappack and wire it up to see if that helps.

My Talion would do this only with a big pinion 18t+ and when jamming the throttle from a slower speed like maybe 5mph. It almost acts like it goes to spin all four tires so fast it kind of hops around for a second.

16t pinion it won't do it. I only run 6s.

Now if I am rolling 10 or 15 mph and stab the throttle it just wheelies and goes even with up to my 24t pinion. (Had to grind on motor mount for it to fit).

I have a nearly new stock motor and ESC from a kraton for sale in the classified section. Think I have the combo listed for $130 shipped.

I have a nearly new stock motor and ESC from a kraton for sale in the classified section. Think I have the combo listed for $130 shipped.
You might want to lower your price Jenny’s rc sells the motor for $45 and the esc for $65 brand new

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back