Kraton Suspension Arms

Thread starter #1

Boostedpig

Arrma RC's
Kraton
So whats everyones thoughts on the RPM suspension arms for the Kraton? Is there a known weakness with the stock arms or Reason to buy RPM aftermarkets?

slick2500

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Outcast
So whats everyones thoughts on the RPM suspension arms for the Kraton? Is there a known weakness with the stock arms or Reason to buy RPM aftermarkets?
The stock arms actually aren't too bad unless you run into immovable objects or land at a downward angle onto the wheel.

My Rpms have held up fairly well, but after over a year of abuse I can see cracks starting in the rear arms where the hinge pins go through.

Thread starter #3

Boostedpig

Arrma RC's
Kraton
Well I was looking to buy some Replacements and thought maybe I should swap over to RPM and keep RPM replacements if the stockers are known to have issues but if they should be good to go I'll just buy another set of stock arms as spares

slick2500

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Outcast
Well I was looking to buy some Replacements and thought maybe I should swap over to RPM and keep RPM replacements if the stockers are known to have issues but if they should be good to go I'll just buy another set of stock arms as spares
One thing I find helps prolong their life is to boil them for like 5 minutes let them cool down then soak them overnight in WD-40. Do the same thing with the stock wing mount.

Thread starter #5

Boostedpig

Arrma RC's
Kraton
does the make the plastic more flexible?

Drtybird

Arrma RC's
Kraton
I have broken the stock ones trying to keep it landing on wheels but did a hard front slam and one broke. They are cheap to replace and keep from other things from breaking

Drtybird

Arrma RC's
Kraton
One thing I find helps prolong their life is to boil them for like 5 minutes let them cool down then soak them overnight in WD-40. Do the same thing with the stock wing mount.
Will the plastic hold locktite after soaking them in WD 40