Kraton Suspension Arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boostedpig

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So whats everyones thoughts on the RPM suspension arms for the Kraton? Is there a known weakness with the stock arms or Reason to buy RPM aftermarkets?

So whats everyones thoughts on the RPM suspension arms for the Kraton? Is there a known weakness with the stock arms or Reason to buy RPM aftermarkets?
The stock arms actually aren't too bad unless you run into immovable objects or land at a downward angle onto the wheel.

My Rpms have held up fairly well, but after over a year of abuse I can see cracks starting in the rear arms where the hinge pins go through.

Well I was looking to buy some Replacements and thought maybe I should swap over to RPM and keep RPM replacements if the stockers are known to have issues but if they should be good to go I'll just buy another set of stock arms as spares

Well I was looking to buy some Replacements and thought maybe I should swap over to RPM and keep RPM replacements if the stockers are known to have issues but if they should be good to go I'll just buy another set of stock arms as spares
One thing I find helps prolong their life is to boil them for like 5 minutes let them cool down then soak them overnight in WD-40. Do the same thing with the stock wing mount.

I have broken the stock ones trying to keep it landing on wheels but did a hard front slam and one broke. They are cheap to replace and keep from other things from breaking

One thing I find helps prolong their life is to boil them for like 5 minutes let them cool down then soak them overnight in WD-40. Do the same thing with the stock wing mount.
Will the plastic hold locktite after soaking them in WD 40

Will the plastic hold locktite after soaking them in WD 40
Loctite should never be used on plastic parts. Loctite eats plastic so your question is moot.

The stock arms actually aren't too bad unless you run into immovable objects or land at a downward angle onto the wheel.

My Rpms have held up fairly well, but after over a year of abuse I can see cracks starting in the rear arms where the hinge pins go through.
I have just put the rears on my kraton and I am feeling a hard spot in travel and it's not smooth did yours have the same problem or was there a break in time

Thank you for the article. I have cleaned pins and I was hoping for a snug fit but not that snug

Thank you for the article. I have cleaned pins and I was hoping for a snug fit but not that snug
Yeah just take some course grit sand paper or a file and sand them to fit. If you have a dremel the sanding drum works great.

Re hashing this thread with my 2 cents. I have had the same issue repeatedly with the stock rear suspension arms. I've replaced at least four now, from them splitting open at the hinge pin. It's become painfully obvious that their injection process has a weakness where they bond two sections together. The hit that bent this pin was obviously extremely hard, but the others three times, the hinge pins were all still straight. I replaced one side with an RPM arm at the same time that I replaced the other side with a new stock one. The stock split after only a couple of packs, the same way that every other stock one has failed. I now have the RPM on both sides, and will report as time goes on.

Attachments

• 20190113_161125.jpg
    20190113_161125.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20190113_161116.jpg
    20190113_161116.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 46
Re hashing this thread with my 2 cents. I have had the same issue repeatedly with the stock rear suspension arms. I've replaced at least four now, from them splitting open at the hinge pin. It's become painfully obvious that their injection process has a weakness where they bond two sections together. The hit that bent this pin was obviously extremely hard, but the others three times, the hinge pins were all still straight. I replaced one side with an RPM arm at the same time that I replaced the other side with a new stock one. The stock split after only a couple of packs, the same way that every other stock one has failed. I now have the RPM on both sides, and will report as time goes on.
Tis where mine broke, I'm sure I already responded to this thread.

I've been bashing the Kraton pretty hard for several days now and the arms have held up well. I've put them through everything I've put RPM arms through on lesser models with 3S and have had issues with the RPM breaking at the thinnest part where the screws thread in. These Kraton stock arms are solid IMO. So I've ordered replacement Arms from Jenny's as with the shocks.

While working on the Noto yesterday, I noticed how badly the stock lower front arms bend at rest. With the truck upside down, if you lift on the arm, it flexes way past where your droop screws might be set. This helps to explain why my drive shafts seem to be popping out so often. So now I have to consider changing those lower arms more frequently, and not just because they break. Fyi, neither of the front arms is original, I've only owned it since late Nov 2018, and I bash once every week, sometimes closer to every two weeks. One more reason I think I might have to switch to RPM, plus order those droop screws from @Mitchell looper and M2C Racing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back