Kraton Suspension Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GraniteVorteksKraton

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Vorteks
Has anyone got any part numbers/brands for some shocks to fit the Kraton with good results?

I have bent all four of my stock shock shafts so I want stronger shocks. For now, I have just fitted some HSP 88322 shocks to the fronts and gave them full spring tension as they were a little bit short. The full tension keeps the front from dipping to low.

So far after 3 battery runs and some jumps and mega-cartwheel-crashes they have held up fine. I'm gonna order some matching shocks for the rear until I can find a known strengthy replacement. I don't mind spending money on shocks as I know it makes a big difference. Just gotta find some alternatives out there. For now these cheaper HSP shocks will be experimental to see if they hold up better than stock.

Screenshot_2015-11-09-18-04-47.png

I think they are around 120mm just a tad shorter than stock but with springs fully compressed they feel better than stock. I have bashed the kraton 5 times since installing these shocks and they have been great. Ive got the rears on order and will let you know how they go. Just look on ebay for the part number i provided above. They cost me $27 Australian. The rears are HSP 88323 but i don't know the length of them yet as i just took a gamble they would be ok like the fronts. I will let you know the measurements when i get them.

Could i just use the shock rod and keep my stock shock body and spring setup. I keep breaking the shock rod

Hey there, yes I also bent my front shock rod.

I changed the fluid to 80 up front and 60 in the back.

Also added Kyosho Blue Shocks front and back (stiffest ones I could find)

This is the perfect setup. I was gapping the triples at the local BMX track and it was flawless.

Google this for the springs.
IF350-716 (front)
Kyosho IF348-1016 (rears)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-13-22-37-47.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-13-22-37-47.png
    224.3 KB · Views: 184
Hey i am having the same problem finding a shock and my dad is manager at a machine shop and he has order me springs that are long as I can fit and twice the thickness but still they have trouble pushing the shock up idk why

Yeah my dad did the same but mine are double the thickness and those are also bending the shafts well they aren't helping

Has anyone got any part numbers/brands for some shocks to fit the Kraton with good results?

I have bent all four of my stock shock shafts so I want stronger shocks. For now, I have just fitted some HSP 88322 shocks to the fronts and gave them full spring tension as they were a little bit short. The full tension keeps the front from dipping to low.

So far after 3 battery runs and some jumps and mega-cartwheel-crashes they have held up fine. I'm gonna order some matching shocks for the rear until I can find a known strengthy replacement. I don't mind spending money on shocks as I know it makes a big difference. Just gotta find some alternatives out there. For now these cheaper HSP shocks will be experimental to see if they hold up better than stock.

View attachment 475

Hey there, how are these holding up? Just to confirm, are they the same size (height and diameter) as the stock Kraton shocks? Also, do you need to change out the springs to something stronger (like Tenko)?

Hey there, yes I also bent my front shock rod.

I changed the fluid to 80 up front and 60 in the back.

Also added Kyosho Blue Shocks front and back (stiffest ones I could find)

This is the perfect setup. I was gapping the triples at the local BMX track and it was flawless.

Google this for the springs.
IF350-716 (front)
Kyosho IF348-1016 (rears)

What is the stock fluid weight in front and back? (just bought a kraton)

Hey @dpricenator
I've been looking around for a cheaper, temporary shock alternative for my Outcast, but can't seem to find the compressed/decompressed specs for the Outcast/Kraton/etc. shocks. I always see "137mm" for the rears, but it doesn't say if that's overall length or eye-to-eye. Do these shocks work well for you? Are they plug and play? Do you have the measurements I mentioned, or know where to find them? I have Tekno springs I'd like to continue running if these shocks would allow.

I do not know man, I do not run these shocks. It was merely a suggestion based on the size. I think one dude bought a couple of sets, but I can't vouch for these. The Teckno springs you have should work fine on these. As a cheap alternative, they looked good.

I do not know man, I do not run these shocks. It was merely a suggestion based on the size. I think one dude bought a couple of sets, but I can't vouch for these. The Teckno springs you have should work fine on these. As a cheap alternative, they looked good.
Ah, ok. I thought you bought some. I'll continue searching for the Arrma shock specs, then.

How sad is it that I don't have any means of metric measurement in my house? lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back