Kraton Kraton taking the pain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great bash site! Several great saves in there, crazy cartwheel, too!!

What mods did ya do? Is that an aftermarket chassis or stock?

Nice video!

edit…..after second view, looks m2c chassis…..
good stuff !

Last edited:
Great bash site! Several great saves in there, crazy cartwheel, too!!

What mods did ya do? Is that an aftermarket chassis or stock?

Nice video!

edit…..after second view, looks m2c chassis…..
good stuff !
Yes love this place, air for days. Cartwheels? Yeah I’m a good gymnast.

So far not much on the mods.
M2C chassis
Max 5 with 800kv
39/39 saga gears

Oh, and my sacrilege top…… waiting for my Russian unbreakable body to come in from Putin.

18D0D54A-1EBD-4FB1-8FCF-166BC2F648DB.jpeg

0106409A-1B14-400F-A4F1-CCBBF6F95872.jpeg

2FB2BBA5-EE2C-430C-98FD-19AE0EB9F3DF.jpeg

6067F70D-086E-4DAF-9294-537512D0703A.jpeg

We will forgive you

For now......;)

Hopefully by the end of the year I will get my first 8s rig, and along with it will be an unbreakable body so the stock body can be on the rig when it goes back on the shelf

Looks like I will have to order the body as soon as I decide which one I want to buy to put it on, I've heard that delivery time can be measurable on those unbreakable bodies.

Keep up the gymnastics! If I go with the exb I was going to go Max 5 with 1100 KV, but we'll see.....

Again, nice video! Thank you for posting it

Thanks buddy you’re the best. Guys are so friendly over here.

To be honest the Traxxas / X Maxx page is so damn uptight I can’t take it over there.

Thanks buddy you’re the best. Guys are so friendly over here.

To be honest the Traxxas / X Maxx page is so damn uptight I can’t take it over there.
We try to be…..I know I went to a different RC forum…..nothing affiliated with this one or with Trax!!
……asked a simple question a couple times, nobody has ever bothered to answer…
I won’t say what forum it was, I try not to talk smack, but I will NOT recommend that forum either…..if people find it on their own, I guess so be it…..lots of stuck up ……ooops, talking smack…..

so…..legit question……what do you like of your Xmaxx over the K8, and what do ya like of the K8 over the X?
there are …. A few….
very few…on here that wanna keep other brands from this forum, but most, probably 98% or more who don’t care,and a heck of a lot who own other brands,including XMaxx….

if you’d like to share, I’m asking….like to hear what ya say

We try to be…..I know I went to a different RC forum…..nothing affiliated with this one or with Trax!!
……asked a simple question a couple times, nobody has ever bothered to answer…
I won’t say what forum it was, I try not to talk smack, but I will NOT recommend that forum either…..if people find it on their own, I guess so be it…..lots of stuck up ……ooops, talking smack…..

so…..legit question……what do you like of your Xmaxx over the K8, and what do ya like of the K8 over the X?
there are …. A few….
very few…on here that wanna keep other brands from this forum, but most, probably 98% or more who don’t care,and a heck of a lot who own other brands,including XMaxx….

if you’d like to share, I’m asking….like to hear what ya say
What a question, so hard to answer. In French we have a saying :je ne sais quoi, which basically means there’s a quality that cannot be described.

Both trucks have that feeling.

Right now I am loving the Kraton, but I’m sure that’s because it’s the flavor of the week. (Meaning brand new)

My X Maxx had been very faithful, and durable.

X Maxx pros / cons
Max 5 w/800kv, 29/29 mod 1.5 gears, titanium 8mm CVD, 7mm proline shock shafts, proline bead lock trenchers, Russian unbreakable body

pro :
Fast!
Durable
Flipping machine
Very easy to repair in the field
Parts are cheap

Cons:
diff blowout
Ft/rear bulkheads crack
Shock blowout
Can be uncontrollable (sometimes)

Kraton 8s EXB
Max 5 w/800kv, 39/39 mod 1 saga gears M2C chassis. Contraband X Maxx body

pros:
Also fast 😀
Diffs seem bulletproof
Sticks like glue to the ground
Build design seem to be tough

Cons:

CVD snap/bend too often (trying out M2C)
Suspension break frequently
Shock shafts bend too easily
Hinge pins bend easily
Suspension eyelets (ball ends?) wallow out quickly
Parts are more expensive

Overall, so far I am very impressed with the Kraton. It’s very aggressive and more like a racer, but handles it’s own in the air, no problem.

For the X Maxx, still an awesome and reliable truck and is king at acrobatics.

I would venture to state the two are on par with each other. They both have great design qualities where I feel each company could learn from the other.

Last edited:
What a question, so hard to answer. In French we have a saying :je ne sais quoi, which basically means there’s a quality that cannot be described.

Both trucks have that feeling.

Right now I am loving the Kraton, but I’m sure that’s because it’s the flavor of the week. (Meaning brand new)

My X Maxx had been very faithful, and durable.

X Maxx pros / cons
Max 5 w/800kv, 29/29 mod 1.5 gears, titanium 8mm CVD, 7mm proline shock shafts, proline bead lock trenchers, Russian unbreakable body

pro :
Fast!
Durable
Flipping machine
Very easy to repair in the field
Parts are cheap

Cons:
diff blowout
Ft/rear bulkheads crack
Shock blowout
Can be uncontrollable (sometimes)

Kraton 8s EXB
Max 5 w/800kv, 39/39 mod 1 saga gears M2C chassis. Contraband X Maxx body

pros:
Also fast 😀
Diffs seem bulletproof
Sticks like glue to the ground
Build design seem to be tough

Cons:

CVD snap/bend too often (trying out M2C)
Suspension break frequently
Shock shafts bend too easily
Hinge pins bend easily
Suspension eyelets (ball ends?) wallow out quickly
Parts are more expensive

Overall, so far I am very impressed with the Kraton. It’s very aggressive and more like a racer, but handles it’s own in the air, no problem.

For the X Maxx, still an awesome and reliable truck and is king at acrobatics.

I would venture to state the two are on par with each other. They both have great design qualities where I feel each company could learn from the other.

I know it is a loaded question.....

I have been looking into this for a good 6 months, on what my next rig will be. Sounds like your evaluation is

fair
on par with much of what I have heard already (and that helps me come to an informed decision!!)
accurate
appreciated.

I know what I lean towards after 6 months of looking ......between the 2...(yup, thats why I watch videos of the K8 !! )
even though I know the X is TOUGH, has a large fan base and support system
and parts are cheaper

Thanx!

PS.... in my investigation, it appears M2C pillow ball kits help the K8, and did you get the hinge pin blocks for front/back from M2C? Reports indicate they help with hinge pins/arms..... if so....great, if not, look into it.....they may help.....

Thanx for sharing and KEEP THE VIDEOS COMING!!!!!!

Thanks buddy,

I would definitely recommend getting an X max would make a great companion for your Arrma.

Though, I will say, Traxxas electronics absolutely suck. I would recommend building from scratch or getting a roller.

To be honest though I think most RTR‘s have terrible electronics

That being said, there are some point on the X max which will need to be upgraded. And to the point I’m finding this is also true with the Kraton.

Thanks buddy,

I would definitely recommend getting an X max would make a great companion for your Arrma.

Though, I will say, Traxxas electronics absolutely suck. I would recommend building from scratch or getting a roller.

To be honest though I think most RTR‘s have terrible electronics

That being said, there are some point on the X max which will need to be upgraded. And to the point I’m finding this is also true with the Kraton.
Maybe someday, it is taking a while for my wife to absorb me getting a Traxxas TRX4 crawler, which, with all the upgrades I put on it is definitely my most expensive rig to date……definitely more than my Mojave version two, which is ….mostly …..stock. I hope to make this purchase at the end of the year, with a bonus check I have been getting at the end of the year, and that’s if it comes this year. If it does come at the end of the year, it will be a lot easier to convince the wife, if it doesn’t then we will make do until another time with what we have. Don’t wanna make her mad, she loves her Senton, she has stuck with me for 22 years, 23 next month,……

I agree about Traxxas electronics, if they really want to do something to improve their spot in the market, that would be one area they could do it because at best they arent very good, and at worst, they stink.

And if I went with the Kraton , I would look at the EXB over the ready to run. Thank you guys for your feedback

@Edge71 …..those rigs look GREAT

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back