Kraton Kraton tire went poof

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh nortz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
20160720_191300.jpg

Well this one is done for... badlands again i guess... that's why I got them I figured this would happen sooner or later.

A little duct tape and it'll be like brand new! ;)

In all seriousness, you'll like the Proline Badlands. Lots of traction from them.
I think im going to use the nero tires on the kraton this weekend... going to the pit so i want the clearance the bigger tires give me... i had the badlands on it... looks silly the tires to small had i geared it up a tooth or two then they probably would have been awesome...

I think im going to use the nero tires on the kraton this weekend... going to the pit so i want the clearance the bigger tires give me... i had the badlands on it... looks silly the tires to small had i geared it up a tooth or two then they probably would have been awesome...
I just got Nero tires in the mail for my Kraton. Can't wait to get a run in with them!

Awesome, let us know how you like them! I want to try something different on my Kraton also.
I like em! Almost as big as Proline Trenchers or Super Swampers at (6.5" vs 6.65") but lighter and done balloon neaaaaarly as bad as my Super Swampers. I like them a lot! Just a little bigger and wider than the stock Kraton tires.

I only ran for about 5 min here in the back yard on 6s with the 14t pinion, but I like a lot! (Not a lot of full throttle blasts - lol, but enough to know I like them much more than my Super Swampers.)

20160722_183951.jpg
20160722_183946.jpg
20160722_184056.jpg
20160722_183942.jpg

**Just drove more and I love them! I really think they balloon less than the stock Kraton tires too. And I dig the 1/4 offset that I think they're at too.

They look great! How does she steer / handle? Much difference?
Just a little tiny bit more into the "Monster Truck" feel - but still MUCH better overall in handling, turning, etc than the Proline Super Swampers.

I'd say the stock Kraton tires are a tad more agile. But not by a huge margin. But they're a cut lower in the agility department and I dig it.

Tempted to get another pair "just because" - lol.

I made a very brief, not that great video. Once it's uploaded to YouTube, I'll link to it.

Here's the video

I do like the agility of the stock tires, I may give these a go though lol. What is the width on them?

I do like the agility of the stock tires, I may give these a go though lol. What is the width on them?

A little wider. Here's the Nero Tire, stock 2016 Kraton tire, and Proline Shockwave (in that order). Bear in mind the Kraton tire doesn't have any weight on it, but it's a very very marginal difference anyway.

Sorry the Kraton tire is backwards...

20160722_202323.jpg
20160722_202400.jpg
20160722_202409.jpg

Sweet! Thanks for taking the time to upload. Yea, the Nero's don't look too much bigger at all. And better traction by the looks of it. So the Nero's are noticeably heavier?

Sweet! Thanks for taking the time to upload. Yea, the Nero's don't look too much bigger at all. And better traction by the looks of it. So the Nero's are noticeably heavier?
Good question! I have an accurate scale. I'll weigh all of them on it. And I'll throw the sweep racing and maybe a couple other tires into the comparison while I'm at it. :) I have badlands and I'll show the Super Swampers next to them as well. Then some Nitrorcx.com tires too.

From left to right:

-MT4 tire/wheel - 365g
-Proline Super Swamper 3.8 premounted - 399g
-Nero tire/wheel - 359g
-2016 Kraton tire/wheel - 292g
-Proline Shockwave 3.8 premounted - 277g
-WC1024 tire/wheel - 314g
-WC1012 tire/wheel - 310g
-Badlands 3.8 on Desperados - 242g
-Sweep Terrain Crusher - 330g
-I think it's the stock Talion tire/wheel - 208g
-1/8 Buggy Badlands on Proline split 6 wheels (I think that's the correct wheels) - 121g

20160722_211120.jpg
20160722_211059.jpg

After seeing the weights, I think if I buy another it will be the Copperhead Kraton tire/wheel (original tire).

I have an obsession with tires! Haha

Last edited:
Wow, you are quite the tire connoisseur! Nice collection. I don't feel so bad about buying a few sets now. lol Thanks for the effort. Ive been wanting to try the WC1012 tire/wheel also, how do you like them compared to stock? Which is your favorite to run on the Kraton?

Wow, you are quite the tire connoisseur! Nice collection. I don't feel so bad about buying a few sets now. lol Thanks for the effort. Ive been wanting to try the WC1012 tire/wheel also, how do you like them compared to stock? Which is your favorite to run on the Kraton?
Lol - yeah it looks a little ridiculous to see how many when they're all lined up.

Honestly? And this is gonna sound crazy, but my favorite so far on the Kraton has been the stock tire/wheel... Lol.

And the WC1012 tires haven't been run yet, but I ran the other wc1024 tires on my ET48.3 and did like them a lot. They're a little harder, but still very good traction.

Honestly? And this is gonna sound crazy, but my favorite so far on the Kraton has been the stock tire/wheel... Lol.

Not crazy at all, I really like how the stock handle myself. Thats why Ive been so picky about what set to buy lol. I run mainly on short grass and some dirt, and I enjoy how the stock have just enough traction to deliver power without hooking up and wheelying all the time.

Not crazy at all, I really like how the stock handle myself. Thats why Ive been so picky about what set to buy lol. I run mainly on short grass and some dirt, and I enjoy how the stock have just enough traction to deliver power without hooking up and wheelying all the time.
Exactly my thoughts as well. :) And the same type of conditions I drive in most if the time.

I will say this sweep Terrain Crushers are good to have as they do not balloon AT ALL. Great for road and speed runs, or if conditions are going to be like on and off road. I think they're good in dirt, but maybe not the greatest in grass...

I had the Nero tires on at the park today. Still great control at very high speeds (6s and 14t pinion) and jumped very well (high speed jumps too). Good in air correction.

A few high speed Wipeouts (some jumping) and no broken parts. I had a steering rod pop out once, but just popped it back on and all was well. :)

Still not a single broken part in my Kraton. I had a pivot ball pop out once too, but just put it back together and all was well there too. I've been bashing it pretty hard too. :)

Awesome... im putting nero tires on the kraton tonite or tomorrow morning for some sand pit bashing. Hopefully i can get someone to come with me and video it... ive had the steering rod pop off too and poped right back on no worries... betrer to pp off than break something...

Awesome... im putting nero tires on the kraton tonite or tomorrow morning for some sand pit bashing. Hopefully i can get someone to come with me and video it... ive had the steering rod pop off too and poped right back on no worries... betrer to pp off than break something...
Agreed! And I just had it out on wet grass and still very impressed with the Nero tires. :)

These Nero tires are fantastic under 4s power too! Really diggin them on my Kraton. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back