Kraton Kraton tires unusable after 10 runs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Real quick, on the subject of punching tires, will this affect durability under high speeds? I'm picking up a set of badlands mx38s and really want to replace them when they wear out, not when they explode.

This whole hole in the tire thing is new news to me. it makes sense, but at the same time it feels sketchy to me popping brand new tires.

IMG_0166.PNG
Real quick, on the subject of punching tires, will this affect durability under high speeds? I'm picking up a set of badlands mx38s and really want to replace them when they wear out, not when they explode.

This whole hole in the tire thing is new news to me. it makes sense, but at the same time it feels sketchy to me popping brand new tires.
Call Pro-Line and run your question past them. I called them when I realized a wheel I got from them had no vent hole. They said to put the vent holes in the tire. However, they are great to talk to on different styles of tires. I've had no issues doing that on the tires I use. If you are using street tires, I wouldn't worry about dirt and sand working in Through the rim anyway. For off road tires... I put vent holes in them and gear my rig right up to where I feel the tires are not screaming.

I wouldn't bother with holes in street speed tires that are made for high speed. For off road , I'm running my stock Kraton tires up to about 50mph with vent holes. I keep the bead maintained well also with the black crazy glue. I run them on and off road.

Last edited:
It looks like the tires and rims off the new Arrma Outcast will be a great tire on the Kraton. It looks like Arrma came up with their own Badlands. They are called Backflips. It looks like they will please the people who feel Badlands are a little small. I really, really like the new Outcast but I'm unsure about the short wheel base. I think I'll get one anyway.
Got one for my 10year old for xmas. Dying to take it out and rebox...lol.

You are not "popping" them. If you vent them correctly, you will have a Cut hole and not a torn hole. The cut hole will not propagate easy, as a tear would.

Also, if you are making pizza cutters out of the wheels, then neither venting nor not venting will help them last.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back