Outcast Kraton to Outcast conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bricoletout

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi everyone,

I really like the short wheel base configuration of the outcast.
What to you think is necessary to transform the Kraton to the outcast ?

I think the chassis, then one or two centre axles, then tyres and that's all ?

Because I want to convert my Kraton.

Thanks,

Loïc.

Edit : I found great SWB configuration on the forum so people did it before.

Last edited:
SWB chassis, chassis braces, and center driveshafts. Outcast also has updated side plates, wheelie bar, front mud guards, wheels + body. That's all as far as I know.

Good point. To mount the Outcast body you will need the Outcast body mounts and the Big Rock body post.

Thanks! I actually just ordered the shock tower and body mounts for the outcast. Afterwards I noticed the shock towers look to be pretty much identical so you would just need the body mount posts for the outcast. I'm in the process of doing the conversion to a Talion. I'll start a new thread soon.

I almost bought a Kraton roller to convert my Typhon over, but love my Typhon for what it is, too. Bought the Outcast and love it, but was on the fence for a Kraton all along. Said the heck with it and bought new Kraton. Each rig has it's own advantages, but really love all three and feel glad I could show support for 2 closest LHS in the process, as both just started carrying these fine bashers. Hit the wallet hard, but no regrets, lots of good times/thrills ahead!

I almost bought a Kraton roller to convert my Typhon over, but love my Typhon for what it is, too. Bought the Outcast and love it, but was on the fence for a Kraton all along. Said the heck with it and bought new Kraton. Each rig has it's own advantages, but really love all three and feel glad I could show support for 2 closest LHS in the process, as both just started carrying these fine bashers. Hit the wallet hard, but no regrets, lots of good times/thrills ahead!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Kraton. Definitely my favorite truck at the moment. Not a big fan of the Talion though. I've been running it on 6s and it's just too out of control if you ask me. I changed the stock tires to the Dboots backflips and bought 2-2s batteries to try it out on 4s so I hope that helps. I also dislike how low to the ground it sits. I put Tekno shocks on the front and rear of my Kraton and thag helped the ride height and bounce significantly. I might do the same with the Talion. I'm hoping the Dboots help with the ride height though.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Kraton. Definitely my favorite truck at the moment. Not a big fan of the Talion though. I've been running it on 6s and it's just too out of control if you ask me. I changed the stock tires to the Dboots backflips and bought 2-2s batteries to try it out on 4s so I hope that helps. I also dislike how low to the ground it sits. I put Tekno shocks on the front and rear of my Kraton and thag helped the ride height and bounce significantly. I might do the same with the Talion. I'm hoping the Dboots help with the ride height though.
I feel like between the Outcast and Kraton I've finally found the perfect platform for my driving style and love for big jumps and hard bashing. Not sure why it took me so long to realize all the awesome terrain and open areas I have within just 5-15 min that are perfect for truggy platform, yet a bit too rough/big for Typhon, Slash, Ruckus...etc. Only regret not getting Kraton sooner and can't help but keep eyeballing potential good bash spots as I drive around. Waiting for 2nd set of Outcast wheels to arrive as I think they'll be perfect on the Kraton for hooking up and going big. Need to order some Teknos and consider chassis brace..etc, upgrades.

Hi everyone, thank you for the answers. I'm still hesitating. I will miss the Kraton I think. I should work on a fast "changing configuration" system before . I really like the long wheelbase of the Kraton for stability. But I would like to try the short wheel base for more stunts...

Let's create the remote wheelbase system.

SWB chassis, chassis braces, and center driveshafts. Outcast also has updated side plates, wheelie bar, front mud guards, wheels + body. That's all as far as I know.
You could buy those parts it would be cool

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back