Kraton Kraton too noisy searching for a plastic spur gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCjamjam

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hi guys I need to make my Kraton (v1) more silent, do you know if it exists a plastic spur gear or another compatible center diff with a plastic spur gear ?
Thank you all.

Arrma's eat up the stock steel pinions, so would not think a plastic spur gear will stand up, especially if running 6S? If you are only running 4S, maybe ok for a while?

Arrma's eat up the stock steel pinions, so would not think a plastic spur gear will stand up, especially if running 6S? If you are only running 4S, maybe ok for a while?
I run plastic in my ERBE and it's mod .8. Not sure why traxxas did that... I've been running the same spur for 1.5 years and just recently lost 2 teeth in it. Guessing a rock got in there. I do only run 4S though. I stick with 4S in both it and my savage flux to try and keep the drivetrain from exploding on me.

This is not for bashing, this is for my hot-rod you can see on my picture...

Hi guys I need to make my Kraton (v1) more silent, do you know if it exists a plastic spur gear or another compatible center diff with a plastic spur gear ?
Thank you all.
Let me know how you get on...I run my arrma rigs least because the noise bugs the @#$& outta me.

Let me know how you get on...I run my arrma rigs least because the noise bugs the @#$& outta me.
That's kind of funny because I love the way they sound. They have a nice tough all metal sound to them. I personally don't want them to be dead silent but everybody is in different situations.

Nah mate to me its the worst...ask my neighbours they hate it too....sounds like you dropped your keys in the garbage disposal!
Lol you and I obviously have very different neighbors and opinions. But that's fine, everybody has their own preferences.

Thanks pablo.
Doing a service tonight so will try some drylube. Might do up a cover too, always bugged me that these rigs come with open gears.
Seems like I got to put some thread tape on my pillow ball screws as they keep backin out.

For banging around the yard at 1/4-1/2 throttle, yeah I agree. Too noisy. At the park or track, it does not bother me.

My 1/16 truggy ran a steel spur for a while. When I swapped back to a plastic spur, I was amazed at how quiet it was. Very nice for backyard running. :)

In my post I said I didn't like the noise at low speed - it just sounds like it is grinding along... I also meant to add, above 30mph or so, it starts to get a 'turbo whine' kind of sound, really cool!

In my post I said I didn't like the noise at low speed - it just sounds like it is grinding along... I also meant to add, above 30mph or so, it starts to get a 'turbo whine' kind of sound, really cool!
I found that the lower end chatter, is due to the magnets in the stock motor. It's still a great motor but when I did my upgrade to a sensored Tekin gen 2 motor, the loud chatter has gone away. New motor is waaay smoother throughout the powerband, and still sounds like a jet engine at high speed. I love that sound. And I can hear it coming! Safety first!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back