Kraton Kraton upgrades and questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot racing front knuckles are very much needed in my experience. The ball kept popping through the hole after jumps. Ordered the hot racing knuckles and obviously not an issue since.

Hot racing front knuckles are very much needed in my experience. The ball kept popping through the hole after jumps. Ordered the hot racing knuckles and obviously not an issue since.

Yeah I've done that once, very surprised the socket did not break.

Ok guys, I have two hot racing diff cups going to try to build bulletproof diffs.. I hate the HR diff cups because they are all aluminum. I have one in the center that I have had for a while... But I got scared when my stock center plastic diff cup let the screws out and ATE a set of gears, this actually happened because the screws pulled out of the plastic on 6s... I just like the HR cups and hate them at the same time because they don't use a forged steel bushing on the diff cup side, just an initial durability concern after sinking about $50 into two more...

Guys confused as to what shims I should buy lol even after reading, not sure what shims I need, I run 6s still not sure on what shims I should get after reading the team durango ones are out of stock almost everywhere... ar310436 appears to come with shims or am I wrong lol?

I honestly like Hot Racing but I really hate one of their products:
The HPI e10 "upgrade" alloy spur gears just pure garbage, I destroyed two with using proper 48pitch pinions as stated by hot racing and the plastic stock spur with alloy pinion are actually stronger... Other than that besides NON-EXISTENT customer support I like my hot racing steel crawler wheels, the little center diff mount upgrade for the kraton so far... Their customer support is terrible, you know a company that lists email only for their support doesn't remotely care about their customers, I sent an email to HR 4 months ago and still haven't heard back so yeah... I want to help them improve that as its not good... Hot Racing is no integy but their parts are better but I never buy integy so yea

I do say I like hot racing, they have the bulkheads out now and they look sweet! I was considering knuckles from them too but wow they are pricey. Curious if they use a wear block for the front of the ball end or if its metal on metal?

So I have on the way:
HR chassis braces F+R

Also fun fact, TRB RC bearing kits are cheaper and better than fast eddy better bang for your buck... Lol haven't test run them yet but they are very nice I got 10 of the outer big bearings for the knuckles for $11.28 shipped from California they are greased and rubber sealed out of the package very nice:)

Last edited:
Ok guys, I have two hot racing diff cups going to try to build bulletproof diffs.. I hate the HR diff cups because they are all aluminum. I have one in the center that I have had for a while... But I got scared when my stock center plastic diff cup let the screws out and ATE a set of gears, this actually happened because the screws pulled out of the plastic on 6s... I just like the HR cups and hate them at the same time because they don't use a forged steel bushing on the diff cup side, just an initial durability concern after sinking about $50 into two more...

Guys confused as to what shims I should buy lol even after reading, not sure what shims I need, I run 6s still not sure on what shims I should get after reading the team durango ones are out of stock almost everywhere... ar310436 appears to come with shims or am I wrong lol?

I honestly like Hot Racing but I really hate one of their products:
The HPI e10 "upgrade" alloy spur gears just pure garbage, I destroyed two with using proper 48pitch pinions as stated by hot racing and the plastic stock spur with alloy pinion are actually stronger... Other than that besides NON-EXISTENT customer support I like my hot racing steel crawler wheels, the little center diff mount upgrade for the kraton so far... Their customer support is terrible, you know a company that lists email only for their support doesn't remotely care about their customers, I sent an email to HR 4 months ago and still haven't heard back so yeah... I want to help them improve that as its not good... Hot Racing is no integy but their parts are better but I never buy integy so yea

I do say I like hot racing, they have the bulkheads out now and they look sweet! I was considering knuckles from them too but wow they are pricey. Curious if they use a wear block for the front of the ball end or if its metal on metal?

So I have on the way:
HR chassis braces F+R

Also fun fact, TRB RC bearing kits are cheaper and better than fast eddy better bang for your buck... Lol haven't test run them yet but they are very nice I got 10 of the outer big bearings for the knuckles for $11.28 shipped from California they are greased and rubber sealed out of the package very nice:)

The diff shims you need are Mugen E0206 https://www.amainhobbies.com/mugen-...hWLoCNflrrV_y_j7Ck_Bm1e30Q59z46BoCHeUQAvD_BwE

I love TBR RC Bearings those 10 packs come in handy.

Love hot racing diff cups. Theys stay cooler and you can use lock tite. When it comes to shimming those Its gonna be a bit tighter that using plastic cups. But will loosen up after a while. Great mod!

stupid question... but the version of Kraton (V3 I think ...) for sale currently does not already mount the same battery tray of the Outcast?

stupid question... but the version of Kraton (V3 I think ...) for sale currently does not already mount the same battery tray of the Outcast?
Yes all V3 models have the same battery tray as the Outcast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back