Kraton Kraton upper suspension arm/pivot ball issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtheruler79

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Typhon 6s
Upper suspension arm continues to unscrew after each run, which caused me to lose the fork spacer. I put a tiny amount of threadlock but it still unscrewed. Do I just have to apply a lot to keep it in place?

Threadlocker just disintegrates plastic, so you probably ruined the threads lol... use some superglue, that’ll work if the threads aren’t too far gone. Same problem over here.

Threads seem to be okay. Thanks for tip though I was aware of threadlocker doing that. Is the fork washer necessary?

I removed both the top and bottom spacers, added a bit of CA glue to the threads before threading it in, and I haven't had issues with that.

Now the hub nuts...I've been losing those like crazy no matter what I do.

Upper suspension arm continues to unscrew after each run, which caused me to lose the fork spacer. I put a tiny amount of threadlock but it still unscrewed. Do I just have to apply a lot to keep it in place?
View attachment 41301
Plumber's tape works best with metal to plastic connections. I had a similar issue, and the tape fix has held up very well.

Above advice is great. The action of the suspension can unscrews the balls like a ratchet...try taking them apart and cleaning the inside plastic cup and ball and put them back together. Tighten the hub nut just enough to remove the play but still remain loose. If it’s too tight it will just unscrew it again.

I had the front left drive come out of the diff cup because of this issue. Several times (how is it even that flexible?). Now I think I'll put on that replacement a-arm, with some teflon tape on the pillow ball threads (it was backed out 1/4 inch after 15-20 minutes, argh).

Gentlemen,
Thank you for the recommendations. I was getting ready to install another arm but decided to give give teflon tape a try.. So far after 2 runs it has not backed out. This forum is full of extremely knowledgeable rc enthusiasts!

I used a drop of E6000 glue on both (pillow ball into arm and retainer nut into knuckle) and they did not move one bit in 5 or 6 packs!

Is that reversible? Can you remove the pillow ball, or is that a permanent bond?

If you do it with CA (superglue) it's easy because it's brittle so it just snaps when you start to undo the screws. Not sure about E6000, haven't removed the pillow balls or retainers since I glued them :)
I put just a tiny drop on the threads, it shouldn't be a problem to remove them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back