Kraton Kraton V1 help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallnails

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So.....long story short. After having admired the Arrma range for a while......i managed to trade an Summit for a Kraton. On the outside it looked like a good fair trade......but once home....it turned into a poop fight.....the trade is the worst one of my life.....lol......everything was bent. Siliconed together. Stripped threads. Stripped heads.

So. Found a source to start replacing the list of buggered parts......ok....parts turnt up.......starting to swap parts over and........here is the question.....the shocktower screws which go through the shocktower.....are they supposed to pull tight into the gearbox? Or go all the way through and bolt tight. When i screw it tight the shock tower doesn't pull tight onto the diff housing to 90%

http://share.photobucket.com/shareprofile/indexshare.php?id=ODE4MTU=

Did the shock towers change from v1 to v2?

Attachments

• 20170528_173042.jpg
    20170528_173042.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 20170528_172923.jpg
    20170528_172923.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 73
Shock tower is supposed to be tight against the bulkhead. That Kraton looks like it was treated roughly. Still not a bad deal, replace gearbox and tower. You can get complete gearboxes with diff on eBay. I would take that truck completely apart and go through everything

This is a new shocktower. But is there an issue with this diff? So the bolts go directly into the gearbox and pull up tight? Or are they supposed to go all the way through and pull in tight when doing up the little nyloc nut?
20170528_191854.jpg

So.....long story short. After having admired the Arrma range for a while......i managed to trade an Summit for a Kraton. On the outside it looked like a good fair trade......but once home....it turned into a poop fight.....the trade is the worst one of my life.....lol......everything was bent. Siliconed together. Stripped threads. Stripped heads.

So. Found a source to start replacing the list of buggered parts......ok....parts turnt up.......starting to swap parts over and........here is the question.....the shocktower screws which go through the shocktower.....are they supposed to pull tight into the gearbox? Or go all the way through and bolt tight. When i screw it tight the shock tower doesn't pull tight onto the diff housing to 90%

http://share.photobucket.com/shareprofile/indexshare.php?id=ODE4MTU=

Did the shock towers change from v1 to v2?

I think that shock tower is meant to be tight against the gearbox. Is the gearbox distorted (attached to another component that's bent - like a bent chassis)?

It is supposed to be tight. Could it be that you have too long of a screw in there?

Try taking out all screws...squeeze both pieces together and see if they fit snug. If not see what's in the way. If they fit snug, while holding both pices togeth put in screws and tighten down. Might be worth a shot.

Thanks all. It seems that the diff housing is distorted or something. I cant make the shocktower push hard up against the holes. Looks like i will use the longer bolts to pull the bugger in tight when tightening it up!!

Take the shock tower off and see if it lays flat, they bend easily, the metal is soft. I suggest replacing at least the rear with carbon fiber copy.

Take the shock tower off and see if it lays flat, they bend easily, the metal is soft. I suggest replacing at least the rear with carbon fiber copy.
Good tip. It is a new one. The old one was like a boomerang!!

maybe having the warped tower on there for a long time warped the case??? if you can't lay the loose tower flat against the case with nothing else attached, then I'd say buy a new case.

Well. I figured it out. Lol. Such a dumbass i am!! Had the shocktower on the wrong side. Doooohhhh!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back