Kraton V1, pros and cons?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oh How Original

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
My friend has offered me a V1 Kraton for what I think is a very good price (£150)
I already have some LiPos I can use so it's basically just the cost of the truck to get it running.
He's already changed the electrics for a decent HobbyWing combo and changed the springs all round.
My questions are, what's the pros and cons of this truck, being an older model?
Is it worth getting, I keep looking at 6s versions of Arrmas line up and wonder if it's worth me buying his.
Any advice would be appreciated.

I say get it especially if the price is right, you can always upgrade parts from later models when things break or wear out.

I agree with @arrmadillo, it is a great deal. Everything from the newer models can be swapped onto the older version. The only exceptions that I know of are the new battery tray (requires the newer chassis, same part number just more holes) and the new shocks (requires the shock standoffs from the new versions). As long as the motor and esc are swapped out and replaced so that you no longer have the red motor and esc, it should be good to go.

Nice deal, he already swapped out the weakest part of the truck, the blx180. Hubs, bulkheads and diffs are a little beefier on the newer models, just replace those as you need them. Good luck.

Thanks for the quick and helpful replies, I think I will make the deal with him.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back