Kraton Kraton v1 - Rear Mud Flaps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cordell12

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hey all!

New here, just got a Kraton v1 thats been upgraded with mmx esc, castle brushless motor, savox servo with servo mod, new avid bearings throughout, shimmed all diffs, and Tekno orange springs. I want to add the rear mud guards/flaps from RPM, but noticed these only fit RPM A-Arms. Is there a version that will fit the stock A-Arms out there somewhere?

Thanks

I did see some made by T Bone Racing, but it doesn't state if they work for stock.

https://tboneracing.net/collections/kraton/products/100571-tbr-rear-mud-guards-arrma-kraton
RPM 81442 are made to fit only RPM rear suspension arms (I guess RPM is trying to persuade us to buy their arms if we want to use their mud guards). They can be modified to fit.
Yes, T-Bone Racing Rear Mud Guards (100571) do fit the Kraton. They also fit the Talion according to Nick at TBR. Direct fit for both. I just ordered some for both my 2018 Kraton & V3 Talion.

Last edited:
I found some on ebay that have a bit more coverage than the t bone option, so far they work how they should and install was pretty easy.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARRMA-Krat...n-Arms-Hubs-/332549167962?hash=item4d6d799b5a
hcYe3cg.jpg

I found some on ebay that have a bit more coverage than the t bone option, so far they work how they should and install was pretty easy.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARRMA-Krat...n-Arms-Hubs-/332549167962?hash=item4d6d799b5a
hcYe3cg.jpg
A1ArmedToaster. Good pic to show how well they work. I saw those also & they look like they provide excellent coverage, as most mud guards don't come that close to the rear diff. I was already ordering front bumpers, so I went with TBR. Also, I needed 2 mud guards and TBR's prices were lower + ebay wanted too much shipping to Canada.

Appreciate the reply's. Saturday will be my first run of the new Kraton, I'm pretty excited! Ordering me a set of the mud guards first thing in the morning. The pic makes me wonder why arrma didnt just include them, obviously they are needed.

My Kraton back end was taking a beating with all the rocks etc flying back from the front tires, so I agree, they are a "MUST". Due to this, I decided to not run my new Talion yet (it just looks too good to beat up so quickly w/o at least some rear protection). I just ordered TBR mud guards for both.

If I was not already getting front bumpers from TBR, my 1st choice for rear mud guards were jj78rc on ebay. They claim to have the highest dirt/rock coverage & look great with all the multiple colors offered. I really like the black carbon & clear one. Unfortunately, this ebay seller does not ship to Canada. If anyone wants to order these, I'm maybe interested (split shipping cost, then send to me?)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARRMA-Krat...uards-Customized-UPDATED-COLORS-/122704905999

Last edited:
My Kraton back end was taking a beating with all the rocks etc flying back from the front tires, so I agree, they are a "MUST". Due to this, I decided to not run my new Talion yet (it just looks too good to beat up so quickly w/o at least some rear protection). I just ordered TBR mud guards for both.

If I was not already getting front bumpers from TBR, my 1st choice for rear mud guards were jj78rc on ebay. They claim to have the highest dirt/rock coverage & look great with all the multiple colors offered. I really like the black carbon & clear one. Unfortunately, this ebay seller does not ship to Canada. If anyone wants to order these, I'm maybe interested (split shipping cost, then send to me?)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARRMA-Krat...uards-Customized-UPDATED-COLORS-/122704905999

I like the black carbon fiber ones myself. This seller is only about a hour from me, but he offers free shipping (US only). If nobody offers to do it I'll get them and ship to you. The shipping from Texas to Canada shouldnt be too high. They are flat so they will be able to fit into a small padded envelope.

edit...Look me up on eBay lindan500007

Last edited:
I like the black carbon fiber ones myself. This seller is only about a hour from me, but he offers free shipping (US only). If nobody offers to do it I'll get them and ship to you. The shipping from Texas to Canada shouldnt be too high. They are flat so they will be able to fit into a small padded envelope.

edit...Look me up on eBay lindan500007
cordell12, great news. I'm definitely in. Site says may not ship to Canada, so tried contacting the seller, but no reply. I gathered the same, since the mud guards are flat, should fit into a small letter size padded envelope for very low cost shipping to BC, Canada. If I did not see their black carbon fiber & clear mud guards, I would have been quite content with my TBR ones for both my Talion & Kraton. Tough decision, as both the carbon fiber & clear mud guards would look awesome on my Talion. To choose only one, I will go with their "CLEAR" rear mud guard, if you are still interested? Let me know what works with you..

Not a big deal, but I did notice in the picture of the clear mud guards, it looks like they could trimmed more around the hub & more importantly, trimmed below the suspension arm (mud guards might be hanging just a bit below the arms). If so, guards could easily catch when bottoming out on jumps & rough terrain, but not a big problem, as should be easy to trim.

I looked up lindan500007, but found nothing on ebay.com, so not sure what you mean?

For maximum coverage, this 3 piece looks like the best rear mud guard coverage available. It is also from 5string bass. Not sure why site says see other auction for V3 Talion, as the suspension arms are the same for the Talion/Kraton/Outcast? Maybe it's due to around the rear hub area, as the new Kraton has updated beefier hubs? Again, could probably be trimmed to fit the Talion?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/ARRMA-Krato...m=332180757737&_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726

However, you can also buy just the center piece, if already have rear mud guards:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/ARRMA-Krato...841758?hash=item4d5785651e:g:2z8AAOSwpkFY7ZKq

These along with mud scrapers for wheels are quite easy to do yourself using 1-2mm plastic/fiber sheet.

These along with mud scrapers for wheels are quite easy to do yourself using 1-2mm plastic/fiber sheet.
nulli, I agree, and was thinking of making my own mud guards, as would be quite easy. However, the material I wanted (carbon fiber or clear composite) was either difficult to find or prices were too high, especially when TBR mud guards cost less than $8.99, with my discount coupon, + I was already ordering bumpers from TBR. To buy the material and the time to make the rear mud guards, I decided may not be worth it? However, with the more expensive mud guards on ebay including shipping if outside the U.S., maybe worthwhile to make your own. Do you have any links for material?

Last edited:
cordell12, great news. I'm definitely in. Site says may not ship to Canada, so tried contacting the seller, but no reply. I gathered the same, since the mud guards are flat, should fit into a small letter size padded envelope for very low cost shipping to BC, Canada. If I did not see their black carbon fiber & clear mud guards, I would have been quite content with my TBR ones for both my Talion & Kraton. Tough decision, as both the carbon fiber & clear mud guards would look awesome on my Talion. To choose only one, I will go with their "CLEAR" rear mud guard, if you are still interested? Let me know what works with you..

Not a big deal, but I did notice in the picture of the clear mud guards, it looks like they could trimmed more around the hub & more importantly, trimmed below the suspension arm (mud guards might be hanging just a bit below the arms). If so, guards could easily catch when bottoming out on jumps & rough terrain, but not a big problem, as should be easy to trim.

I looked up lindan500007, but found nothing on ebay.com, so not sure what you mean?

Had a pretty busy day yesterday, I am gonna order the black carbon fiber set, and the clear set for you as well. lindan500007 is just my eBay name, I'm a member at another RC Forum and everyone is always freaked out and want to see eBay name if you don't have a high trader rating there. I am going out of town for 2 days, but I have just placed the order. The estimated delivery is Monday, we can worry about you send me the $ once they arrive. Ill post pics once I have them.

nulli, I agree, and was thinking of making my own mud guards, as would be quite easy. However, the material I wanted (carbon fiber or clear composite) was either difficult to find or prices were too high, especially when TBR mud guards cost less than $8.99, with my discount coupon, + I was already ordering bumpers from TBR. To buy the material and the time to make the rear mud guards, I decided may not be worth it? However, with the more expensive mud guards on ebay including shipping if outside the U.S., maybe worthwhile to make your own. Do you have any links for material?

I used some old clearish 2mm polycarbonate for the mud scrapers. It should be cheap & easy enough to find. There's some 1mm stuff too for the rear mud guards in case RPM ones ever manage to brake.

Had a pretty busy day yesterday, I am gonna order the black carbon fiber set, and the clear set for you as well. lindan500007 is just my eBay name, I'm a member at another RC Forum and everyone is always freaked out and want to see eBay name if you don't have a high trader rating there. I am going out of town for 2 days, but I have just placed the order. The estimated delivery is Monday, we can worry about you send me the $ once they arrive. Ill post pics once I have them.
Sounds good. cheers.

Last edited:
No problem. Thanks bud.

Just wanted to give you a update. the seller says he shipped both sets on tuesday, the 19th (monday was a holiday for post office). I haven't gotten them yet, even though his auction says he was only 1 hour away. if they don't arrive today i'll be contacting him to see whats going on.

Ha, ha, only 1hr away. No kidding, how many times have we heard "it's in the mail"...No problem, standing by.....cheers

If someone wants real carbon fiber rear mud guards, I forgot to post this earlier. These guards are listed for the Talion, but should also fit the Kraton. Their is no weight listed? It was out of my price range, as price including shipping, is $37 U.S., plus CAD exchange rate & customs duties, etc. Anyways, here's the link, as maybe worthwhile in the U.S.:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/ARRMA-1-8-T...263323177062?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

Last edited:
LOL he responded the other day, said he will check with the shipper. So it appears he is a middle man and never handles the product at all. I sent him another message this afternoon as they didnt arrive today either. Sure couldve used them today too, I was picking weeds out for 30 minutes just now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back