Kraton Kraton v1 red motor esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrclean869

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Finally burned up original equipment. Don’t use often! Picked up a max6 today for an upgrade (have done bearings,diffs,and other essentials. Motor does not fit with stock mount. What do you recommend, along with esc mount.

It should. I have a V3 and it fit with no problem.

Idk if its only me but those red motors have insane magnets. It takes 2 time more effort to spin the shaft. My nero motor is like that with brand new bearings. I know nothing about what makes motors good but having a higher magnetic field could only be a good thing. It reminds me of how arrma went from making such quality trucks to cutting corners in every way possible....

My hobbyshop keeps swearing how the nero trucks were they were selling them like hot cakes, they were tanks on wheels. They love me more now because i own one now. Now we have Qc issues everywhere. The motors are lower quality the escs are okay now they seem to have fixed that up, so many differents parts under the same part numbers. Some parts got downgraded. If you search arrma shock boots you will find the new versions and the old versions. The new versions straight up do nothing and look like they are being sold at the dollar store. But the shock boots that come with ur 6s truck are the old ones who are good. My shock boots are all destroyed but repaired with superglue because im not buying those new boots who get stuck folded under full shock compression...

The nero shock boots are two time thicker than the current 6s shock boots and the new boots. Since they got bought by horizon its been madness. I asked jason if he could look into those issues. . They were not recalled last time i checked with my hobbyshop
Finally burned up original equipment. Don’t use often! Picked up a max6 today for an upgrade (have done bearings,diffs,and other essentials. Motor does not fit with stock mount. What do you recommend, along with esc mount.
Keep the stock red motor im going to say.

Last edited:
Well Hobbico made quality trucks, Horizon Hobby is taking shortcuts and substandard plastic and metal for bashing.

Idk if its only me but those red motors have insane magnets. It takes 2 time more effort to spin the shaft. My nero motor is like that with brand new bearings. I know nothing about what makes motors good but having a higher magnetic field could only be a good thing. It reminds me of how arrma went from making such quality trucks to cutting corners in every way possible....

My hobbyshop keeps swearing how the nero trucks were they were selling them like hot cakes, they were tanks on wheels. They love me more now because i own one now. Now we have Qc issues everywhere. The motors are lower quality the escs are okay now they seem to have fixed that up, so many differents parts under the same part numbers. Some parts got downgraded. If you search arrma shock boots you will find the new versions and the old versions. The new versions straight up do nothing and look like they are being sold at the dollar store. But the shock boots that come with ur 6s truck are the old ones who are good. My shock boots are all destroyed but repaired with superglue because im not buying those new boots who get stuck folded under full shock compression...

The nero shock boots are two time thicker than the current 6s shock boots and the new boots. Since they got bought by horizon its been madness. I asked jason if he could look into those issues. . They were not recalled last time i checked with my hobbyshop

Keep the stock red motor im going to say.
The older stock red motors were great!

Does that translate to better performance? I’ve heard both ways.
I guess so. The nero i remember to be baslistic fast and crazy torque even if it was a heavier tuck than the other 6s line trucks with 50kv less
The older stock red motors were great!
Wish we knew who was the manufacturer
I heard someone say leopard
Well Hobbico made quality trucks, Horizon Hobby is taking shortcuts and substandard plastic and metal for bashing.
The new arrma is pretty much now team corally and anyone who use xt90 i feel like

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back