Kraton Kraton V1 to V3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hubert Czajczynski

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello Everyone !

This is my first post in this forum so would like to say Hello at the beginning. I just bought a almost brand new Arrma kraton V1 roller. I'm gonna pair it with hobbywing Ezrun 150A ESC and some cheap turnigy racestar 2200kv motor from one of my truggies. I have read a lot of topics about kraton upgrages but don't know where should i start with brand new V1 ? In the future i would like to upgrade it to v3 but still don't know which parts are worth upgrade. Could You please help me with parts no. which You would order right away... GPM sterring servo mount already added to cart :) Trying to find parts list about V1 to V3 conversion but can't find any :(
Appreciate any help.

Greetings

Welcome! I'm new to Arrma and I'm not really sure of the changes but there are plenty of knowledgeable people here that are. I know the V3 shocks have thicker shafts and heavier springs. Check JennysRC for V3 parts and they tear down new kits and part them out.

Thanks for The reply. From what I read, V3 springs are also a must have (way stiffer than stock V1). Have some questions:
1. What about stock Receiver box / battery compartment ? is it ok or order V3 ?
2. V3 has also beefer bulkheads, are the V1 weak or something ?
3. Is there a diffrence in chassis in V1, V2 and V3 ?

Best Regards

Thanks for The reply. From what I read, V3 springs are also a must have (way stiffer than stock V1). Have some questions:
1. What about stock Receiver box / battery compartment ? is it ok or order V3 ?
2. V3 has also beefer bulkheads, are the V1 weak or something ?
3. Is there a diffrence in chassis in V1, V2 and V3 ?

Best Regards
1. The receiver box and battery tray are just fine. The V3 receiver box is larger though, so if you go to an aftermarket radio and need more room, go with the V3 box. The V3 battery tray has slightly different dimensions, has a clamp on the top and balance plug holders. Again, both older versions are perfectly fine, unless you want to upgrade them.
2. Yes, the V3 bulkheads are stronger but they are a direct replacement for the V1. So I would say use it as is, then once/if it breaks, upgrade to the V3 bulkheads. They no longer make the old bulkheads so you will be forced to either get the V3 bulkheads or aftermarket aluminum ones.
3. The chassis between the V1 and V3 have the same part number, however the V3 chassis, and all new chassis that are ordered for that matter, have more holes in them for the new battery tray. The new chassis also has the holes for the old battery tray as well so that it is compatible with the older models.

I think that @Jerry-rigged has a V1 Kraton and I remember him saying something about the hubs being different as well.

Yes, the original V1 Kraton had the same hubs as the Typhon. V2, they changed them to a wide hub, with a smaller offset hex (same overall width). My v1 Kraton was eating the front inboard bearings until I swapped to the v2 hubs. Note - you need the hubs and the hexes to do this upgrade. Best is just order them from Jenny's RC on Ebay -
Hub-
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-KRAT...ks-ar106029-/391621008279?hash=item5b2e6e5b97
Hex -
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-KRAT...ts-ar106029-/391626102578?hash=item5b2ebc1732

For comparison, here are the Typhon hubs - this is what the early v1's had -
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-TYPH...on-AR106028-/391905526449?hash=item5b3f63c2b1

Arrma actually made the change to the new hubs mid-v1, so you could have a proper V1 (red motor and ESC) but with the wide hubs.

Another change was the wing mount. The V1 wing mount often broke the first good crash. Both the new HD wing mount and the RPM are good upgrades. I got both, installed the Arrma HD mount, and it never broke again.

For the shock, I have never bent a shaft, but I have broke a lower eyelet or three. I replaced them with Losi eyelets, and never had another issue.

Springs - yeah, the V1 springs are way soft for bashing. Get the V3 springs, or the Tekno Orange springs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back