Kraton V2.5 Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevBar40

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So I’ve had my Kraton for a few years now. I bought it on Amazon, brand new in box, in Oct 2017. At that point in time I was unaware that they had been updating their models and this one was a V2. The V3 wasn’t quite released yet but soon after purchase, I heard the new version was coming soon. I was a little disappointed that I would not be getting the upgrades that came with V3 but thought, “What the hay, I’ll upgrade them slowly.”
I couldn’t stand the old battery tray so this was upgrade #1. The standard V2 chassis needed to be drilled to make this fit but mine did not. I had both sets of battery tray holes already. Amazing. Most of my other upgrades up to this point have been motor and esc and misc voltage parts here and there. I had been putting off replacing the shocks because mine weren’t bent yet but I knew this was going to be necessary. I am today years old when I realized I have the upgraded 4mm shock shafts. How cool is that?
Anyways, my question is do I have the upgraded shock mounts as well? I don’t have a V3-V4 to compare it to.

Attachments

• 4EC1B63F-1A4E-49E2-823D-1378D20E69EE.jpeg
    4EC1B63F-1A4E-49E2-823D-1378D20E69EE.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 59
So I’ve had my Kraton for a few years now. I bought it on Amazon, brand new in box, in Oct 2017. At that point in time I was unaware that they had been updating their models and this one was a V2. The V3 wasn’t quite released yet but soon after purchase, I heard the new version was coming soon. I was a little disappointed that I would not be getting the upgrades that came with V3 but thought, “What the hay, I’ll upgrade them slowly.”
I couldn’t stand the old battery tray so this was upgrade #1. The standard V2 chassis needed to be drilled to make this fit but mine did not. I had both sets of battery tray holes already. Amazing. Most of my other upgrades up to this point have been motor and esc and misc voltage parts here and there. I had been putting off replacing the shocks because mine weren’t bent yet but I knew this was going to be necessary. I am today years old when I realized I have the upgraded 4mm shock shafts. How cool is that?
Anyways, my question is do I have the upgraded shock mounts as well? I don’t have a V3-V4 to compare it to.
It looks like the older V2 mounts to be honest. Iirc the new mounts have a nub on them where the upper shock ball sets, the old one the ball rests on the screw.

The V2.5 Kratons had some weird combinations of parts on them, most of them that I have seen didn't have 4mm shock shafts but came with the new receiver box and battery tray.

It looks like the older V2 mounts to be honest. Iirc the new mounts have a nub on them where the upper shock ball sets, the old one the ball rests on the screw.

The V2.5 Kratons had some weird combinations of parts on them, most of them that I have seen didn't have 4mm shock shafts but came with the new receiver box and battery tray.
What was the thickness of the original shock shafts?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back