Kraton Kraton v2 has arrived(first run thoughts)_

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helizrnew2me

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
my new v2 Kraton is here .no time to mess with it today. I didn't know it had body clip retainers built in, I like that.
Looks pretty big, even next to my colossus. tires felt nice , i only had time to touch them ...lol. more pictures Friday if i have time.
pretty busy working on the house right now.
SDC10004.JPG

SDC10006.JPG

SDC10007.JPG

hey Stanley!!..lol. gonna be posting some pics in the gallery shortly .

Let us know how much you love the driving experience! I love my Kraton!

wont be until next week ,gonna change 2 my lipos over to those xt90`s ,they look awesome

wont be until next week ,gonna change 2 my lipos over to those xt90`s ,they look awesome
I think they might have included the spare connectors to solder to your battery in the bag. (That impressed me when I saw them).

I'm slowly turning into an Arrma Fanboi over here... Hahaha

yes 2 of them ,enough for my 2 -3s lipos . don't have enough 2s ,only 1 set for my colossus ,got to get more lipos .

You run it yet???

I just ordered some chassis shrouds for all my newer rc's... ET48.3, Senton, Kraton, and the "on order" Typhon.

Honestly not sure how I'm gonna route the shrouds with the steering and Driveshaft to contend with up front and the Driveshaft in the back.

Forster record - I ordered "The Toyz" one made for the Slash 4x4 and 2 made for the Erevo. Hoping I can make them work. I have a Dusty Motors shroud on my actual Slash 4x4, and another made for the Slash 4x4 from Outerwears. Haha I've got variety...! Hopefully I can get them all successfully installed...

no i have not run it yet . made some battery adapters yesterday so i can use all my lipos with it . until a time when i switch a few over or buy more . been busy working on the house ,yesterday working on the yard and then the a/c guy came to install a new outdoor unit . today back to the basement to drylok the wall. hopefully get a run in this week yet ,just been busy .

good luck with it man , I just got a new red 1 , unfortunately I have to go over the whole truck 1st before driving it as some diffs were leaking out of the box and the steering was locked up but it looks awesome. Check yours out before driving & hope you enjoy it.

yeah , i still haven't had time to try it .just been busy with other things .rest of week doesn't look good either .

just got the first run in .

stock form , 2- 2s lipos. alot of torque on the stock pinion ,speed wasnt bad , front end came up but not wheels off the ground stuff .good holeshot . with 2 - 2s 5200 mah lipos i took it out for 15 minutes and came home with 40% left in the lipos .not too shabby , 15 minutes on my colossus just about kills them .
handles really well ,i like the fact i can speed down the lane and go into a corner without fear of barrel rolling it . the wide stance really helps in that regard .
a bit noisy with all that steel on steel moving around but i am use to that . i can see me switching to the 14t pinion in the future . want to try the stock one on 2-3s lipos yet . that should be pretty fun ,was not slow on 4s by any means , can break free all 4 wheels on demand .
overall i am happy with it . only time will tell how reliable it is .i am not that hard on my stuff .

ps- that steering servo mount does move about alot ,even on the bench just turning the wheels i can see that its going to be a issue down the road .
i have confirmed the hobbywing program card does work on the blx 185 .see my thread about that .

Good stuff! And my jaw was stuck open when I ran 6s with the stock pinion. Honestly, I haven't even tried out 6s since I put the 14t pinion on. Seems plenty quick on 4s. I also have Proline Super Swamper 3.8's on the way which will essentially raise the gearing a bit more as well.

I think I should be ok to carefully run 6s even with that gearing though.

just got the first run in .

stock form , 2- 2s lipos. alot of torque on the stock pinion ,speed wasnt bad , front end came up but not wheels off the ground stuff .good holeshot . with 2 - 2s 5200 mAh lipos i took it out for 15 minutes and came home with 40% left in the lipos .not too shabby , 15 minutes on my colossus just about kills them .
handles really well ,i like the fact i can speed down the lane and go into a corner without fear of barrel rolling it . the wide stance really helps in that regard .
a bit noisy with all that steel on steel moving around but i am use to that . i can see me switching to the 14t pinion in the future . want to try the stock one on 2-3s lipos yet . that should be pretty fun ,was not slow on 4s by any means , can break free all 4 wheels on demand .
overall i am happy with it . only time will tell how reliable it is .i am not that hard on my stuff .

ps- that steering servo mount does move about alot ,even on the bench just turning the wheels i can see that its going to be a issue down the road .
i have confirmed the hobbywing program card does work on the blx 185 .see my thread about that .
Thank you for the review , I cant wait to run mine. I am waiting on a aluminum mount for my Servo to stiffen it up. Grabbed off facebook seller in Canada called gka customs , there are also mods I have seen here to stiffen it up. For now I am going to stick with 4s & 5s and see how that goes. It is def good to know it runs well on the stock pinion with 4s. I may just up my pinion right from the start to the included 1 or possibly a 16 or 17t as I'd rather have a bit higher top end than all that low end torque. Also heard from another member that the program card does infact work but only with options 1-5 and not the others , is this true and Thank you Edit * now I see you have confirmed this also.

best to just program the esc as per the manual ,the card leaves alot out .believe me i wish it worked better .

Just FYI: "gka customs" that you reference is @gregmbrandt a member on this site.

I thought you might like to know.
that would be me

cant ,card doesn't offer the same options as doing it manually . its very limited .
on this esc
the esc and card do work ...the esc has a limited software through hobby wing ..as it is a max 8 rebranded hw ....follow the manual that is all what the esc offers for programming....and for 5s you have to take it off lipo detection and run a external voltage detection

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back