Kraton Kraton V2 Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WB1130

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Outcast 6s
Hi all, recently back into the hobby because my son got into it. He just bought a used Kraton V2 and it does have some upgrades from the pictures I can see. Should be here next week sometime. To be honest this is my first Arma rc so I'm limited with knowledge. Is there anything I should be looking at to upgrade first. I will for sure check and shim the diffs if needed. I do that on all rcs. I will also read through the forums and see what I can find out. I know it's an older one but for the price and the upgrades I can see. We thought it was worth it. Also if I buy spare parts, do the newer V5 parts fit. Like arms, tie rods, etc..

Thanks

Hi all, recently back into the hobby because my son got into it. He just bought a used Kraton V2 and it does have some upgrades from the pictures I can see. Should be here next week sometime. To be honest this is my first Arma rc so I'm limited with knowledge. Is there anything I should be looking at to upgrade first. I will for sure check and shim the diffs if needed. I do that on all rcs. I will also read through the forums and see what I can find out. I know it's an older one but for the price and the upgrades I can see. We thought it was worth it. Also if I buy spare parts, do the newer V5 parts fit. Like arms, tie rods, etc..

Thanks
The arms and turnbuckles will fit, but i think the geometry has changed. If you go that route you might want to go ahead and get the towers and v5 shocks/pins and front pins for the upper arms, and that rear hinge pin block. Or you could get some rpm arms that should fit it (v4 and older) and look at m2c/just bash it, basherqueen, and then maybe hot racing and voltage hobbies for some lower end upgrades. If it has the plastic center braces from the tower aluminum ones will help, and an aluminum servo mount. Post the pictures for us to see and we can maybe have a better idea of what else might be worth doing to it.

I would just run it and get a spare set of v1-4 arms or the rpm ones which I think are all still the older style. (Once you start going into the exb stuff you might as well just buy the roller...)Maybe a spare assembled bulkhead/diff from Jennys rc, extra wheel nuts and some 6s lipos. Good to go.

Thanks
If it is a V1, you’ll want to replace the ESC. It will be red if so. If it’s black you’re all good.

Fresh set of bearings would be first thing I would do. I would never trust old bearings.

During that tear down you will find anything else that needs addressed. Inspect all gear teeth. Look for broken diff internals. Output drive pins break commonly. Sometimes planetary gears break.

New diff and shock fluids would be a good idea.

Here are a couple pictures. I can see some stuff but I'm not sure what brand.

Thanks
Screenshot_20210703-065645_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210703-065648_Chrome.jpg

Back