Kraton Kraton V2 servo upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I upgraded my ESC, ran the stock servo at 7.4 volts and adjusted the steering so it does not bind. The ESC wasn't cheap but the throttle is now smoother and I have plenty of steering torque. So I killed 2 birds with one stone. My stock servo steers fine and has held up fine all summer for me.
It will probably blow out soon....I read bad reviews on it. However...it is still going strong.

For a cheaper steering upgrade... I'm wondering if an external BEC would help some people still utilize a stock servo and not spend much to get more torque ? A Castle Creation BEC is $20 bucks from Tower Hobbies and the link to program it is $12 bucks. Just another option to look at and you are still covered on getting a new servo from Arrma if needed.

Some of these cheaper servos look just like a Savox servo. I wonder if they are just rebranded ? Great info on the cheaper servos. Savox is a big name now...I'm wondering how much we pay for the name ?

Last edited:
I upgraded my ESC, ran the stock servo at 7.4 volts and adjusted the steering so it does not bind. The ESC wasn't cheap but the throttle is now smoother and I have plenty of steering torque. So I killed 2 birds with one stone. My stock servo steers fine and has held up fine all summer for me.
It will probably blow out soon....I read bad reviews on it. However...it is still going strong.

For a cheaper steering upgrade... I'm wondering if an external BEC would help some people still utilize a stock servo and not spend much to get more torque ? A Castle Creation BEC is $20 bucks from Tower Hobbies and the link to program it is $12 bucks. Just another option to look at and you are still covered on getting a new servo from Arrma if needed.

Some of these cheaper servos look just like a Savox servo. I wonder if they are just rebranded ? Great info on the cheaper servos. Savox is a big name now...I'm wondering how much we pay for the name ?
I'm using my Bl42a at 7.4v,.09 on speed using the Caslte bec.Zero servo slop,perfect centering and very powerfull.Also fits perfect,no shims to get the servo arm to level.

Anyone have any experience with the evo brushless servo? They look great and was wondering if the fit and functionality is good. The machined black aluminum is sexy and would compliment the car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back