Kraton Kraton V2 servo upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kauaiguy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
image.jpeg

I was looking for a stronger servo to replace the stock Kraton servo and found this Bluebird servo. Specs look good,spare gear sets are $9.50.Seem only available through China.

Wow, that is a good price for those specs! I wonder if it's any good? What is the model number for that servo?

I just put this servo in my kraton and had installed it in my Nero a couple months ago. Love it plenty fast and tons of torque

Does the stock servo in the Kraton have metal or plastic gears mine lasted about 4 batteries then stripped! What do you recommend?
The stock servo is metal geared, but it is rather weak for an 8th scale truggy. I can recommend the savox servo I mentioned, big upgrade over the stock. Savox sells a great servo, I have yet to have one fail on me.
It is a bit taller, so you will have to add shims to install it. Or replace your servo mount with one of the aluminum ones available. Another great upgrade, as the stock mount flexes quite a bit.

The stock servo is metal geared, but it is rather weak for an 8th scale truggy. I can recommend the savox servo I mentioned, big upgrade over the stock. Savox sells a great servo, I have yet to have one fail on me.
It is a bit taller, so you will have to add shims to install it. Or replace your servo mount with one of the aluminum ones available. Another great upgrade, as the stock mount flexes quite a bit.
I went with the Diy servo mount.At first i had the servo on top so i had to use a spacer to make the linkage level,that caused the plastic to squirm, so i remounted the servo under the plate and it came out level with no spacers.I also installed bearings in the steering post and that helped servo speed!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 78
I went with the Diy servo mount.At first i had the servo on top so i had to use a spacer to make the linkage level,that caused the plastic to squirm, so i remounted the servo under the plate and it came out level with no spacers.I also installed bearings in the steering post and that helped servo speed!
I did the DIY also. The Savox servo I'm using is taller than stock though, had go go on top of the mount.

I was wondering about those servo's, how's the centering as the deadband is 2us?

Everything works great. I have Savox 1230, & 1231 servos also. But I like testing bargain parts. I bought 4 of these, and haven't had a failure. I've use them in 7.2v as well, with no glitching.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 75
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back