Kraton Kraton V3 6s "Field Goal" Part 01 Kraton scores a goal, big air, long jumps, lawn darts, loads of fun!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first started I had to be behind the jump and driving the car away from me in order to hit it. Over time I graduated to different angles but it's not easy, especially when you are far away and coming in like a.....
View attachment 36224
I think the Kraton has been extra tricky because it doesn't track straight, I have less issues with my Talion. I hope I can sort out the steering with the new build. It will be a virtually brand new car.

I think the Kraton has been extra tricky because it doesn't track straight, I have less issues with my Talion. I hope I can sort out the steering with the new build. It will be a virtually brand new car.

Don't run 8s. No need. On order to get these trucks to handle really well you have to test down the front end frequently and tighten/replace.

I
Don't run 8s. No need. On order to get these trucks to handle really well you have to test down the front end frequently and tighten/replace.

I won't run 8s again, except maybe to do a speed run one day. I still couldn't find what was causing my front end to misbehave, but it all seemed tight. Maybe it will become obvious when I strip it all down.

I think you did well. After some great runs and jumps at the BMX track on Monday I then had a shocker that saw the Kraton cartwheel into a tree.......I now know how long they can cartwheel for when on full juice with 6S. I wish I had recorded it so I could have made you feel better......front end rebuilt and ready to go again

I think you did well. After some great runs and jumps at the BMX track on Monday I then had a shocker that saw the Kraton cartwheel into a tree.......I now know how long they can cartwheel for when on full juice with 6S. I wish I had recorded it so I could have made you feel better......front end rebuilt and ready to go again
Thanks mate, I better now. Hope you didn't get any long term damage.

nah I replaced the front knuckles with some GPM ones as too the dog bones which were no longer straight. While I was at it I replaced the turnbuckles as one popped off...again with GPM but not sure how I feel about those. all of which I had in my spare parts. I would like some of those new "never pop off" rod ends or whatever they call them on the V4.....to be honest I starting like working on the thing more than driving it....breaking stuff is putting a smile on my face and gives me no incentive to improve....only break more stuff :)

nah I replaced the front knuckles with some GPM ones as too the dog bones which were no longer straight. While I was at it I replaced the turnbuckles as one popped off...again with GPM but not sure how I feel about those. all of which I had in my spare parts. I would like some of those new "never pop off" rod ends or whatever they call them on the V4.....to be honest I starting like working on the thing more than driving it....breaking stuff is putting a smile on my face and gives me no incentive to improve....only break more stuff :)
I'll try and post up later a really easy fix for the steering tie rod ends, I have not had one pop off since and you don't have to change any stock parts. I'm very disappointed with gpm parts everything I have used of theirs I've removed.

If I had on had some small cir-clips I would have used those on it.......actaully I do have some, just not sure of the size....oh well done now

+1 on fixing is fun. The way I drive, the smiles per breakages never stop?

+1 on fixing is fun. The way I drive, the smiles per breakages never stop?
I like to make out that it breaks because I'm a "super basher" doing 60ft jumps etc....truth is I'm just crap and the amount of coin I've dropped on this thing I gotta find some way to get some fun out of it :ROFLMAO:

If I had on had some small cir-clips I would have used those on it.......actaully I do have some, just not sure of the size....oh well done now
I just use a rubber washer for small roofing/colorbond sheet screws, press that over the tie rod screw and it holds on nicely and I have not had one pop off yet. On my Kraton I've used rpm tie rods which have been better, but they started to wear out and popped off.

I just use a rubber washer for small roofing/colorbond sheet screws, press that over the tie rod screw and it holds on nicely and I have not had one pop off yet. On my Kraton I've used rpm tie rods which have been better, but they started to wear out and popped off.
self-drilling-hex-head-galvanised-neoprene-was.jpg

You can buy just the rubber washers on their own, but otherwise take them off the screws. They are the small size ones not the large roofing screws or washers.

I like to make out that it breaks because I'm a "super basher" doing 60ft jumps etc....truth is I'm just crap and the amount of coin I've dropped on this thing I gotta find some way to get some fun out of it :ROFLMAO:
I am your clone on this side of the pond. Next time you look in the mirror, know that you might be looking at me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back