Kraton Kraton V3 6s "Field Goal" Part 01 Kraton scores a goal, big air, long jumps, lawn darts, loads of fun!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "Final" Part this is the Kraton Running 8s not a happy story ;)!

That was nice that you warned everyone before showing the last crash. I heard you say that most of it would be salvageable. Have you done a final tally on what is repairable and what has to be replaced?,

That was nice that you warned everyone before showing the last crash. I heard you say that most of it would be salvageable. Have you done a final tally on what is repairable and what has to be replaced?,
No I thought I'd have a few days off to recover then strip it right down and check everything. It was time for a full rebuild anyway, but not the way I wanted to do it. I'll keep you posted with the tally.

It happens ☹ I'm sure it will be back and better than ever. I don't think I'll every try 8s in the Arrma 6s rigs. It's just too much power to control.

This was my worst crash. I hit someone just like what you hit except the posts were metal. It wasn't pretty: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-damage-warning-disturbing-images.1846/post-78748
When it comes to 8s, the bigger it is the easier it is to drive . . . & wreck. Zennon for example is my 2nd easiest mod to drive under the Siren. It's right up there with the Typhon for control, but jumping the thing is a nightmare. The damn thing is 22lbs. It flies great but lands like a dump truck. I have the Nero springs on it which are the only thing that can keep the chassis off the ground. It's no land yacht like my DBXL-E but it's close. I built a 8s Kraton & Typhon. Both were evil incarnations of how to wreck stuff. Bashing both of them ended with busted diffs & bent shafts, among other things. I don't know why the Zennon drivetrain has held up so long. Maybe extending it with a 2nd locked diff & center shaft allows it to handle the extra stress. I've only busted a few arms jumping & cartwheeling the beast. I destroyed both 8s cars in the same week I built them & I mostly doing the same stuff with the Zennon. I thought about an 8s Outcast, but given the history of the other 2 & how much I wrecked the 6s car, it's easy to tell how that will end.

It happens ☹ I'm sure it will be back and better than ever. I don't think I'll every try 8s in the Arrma 6s rigs. It's just too much power to control.

This was my worst crash. I hit someone just like what you hit except the posts were metal. It wasn't pretty: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-damage-warning-disturbing-images.1846/post-78748

Wow that's a heavy impact for sure mate.
That is what worried me most, was that the Voltage Hobbies braces were bent and my new esc and motor were damaged, I'll see when I strip it all down.

Props for pushing the limits and good on you for taking full responsibility for your actions. Some might say it was the cars fault,lol. Btw, you live and learn so next time you'll recognize the limit and stay within it? Epic videos mate

Sure did, I was very disappointed in myself for keeping on pushing it till I made a mistake, very amateur.

I don't think so. We all do it. You have to push yourself in order to get better. There are times when I am all but positive I am going to break something.....but I do it anyway. It's all part of the process ?(y):cool:

I don't think so. We all do it. You have to push yourself in order to get better. There are times when I am all but positive I am going to break something.....but I do it anyway. It's all part of the process ?(y):cool:
Thanks mate, I think you're right about needing to push yourself. It really was a challenge for me and I was very nervous running on 8s. I feel I wasn't ready for it, the car wasn't easy to get to a smooth high speed. I think I was going faster with 6s though it was topping out. Anyway I'll keep going, just got to reset and move on and up.

Props for pushing the limits and good on you for taking full responsibility for your actions. Some might say it was the cars fault,lol. Btw, you live and learn so next time you'll recognize the limit and stay within it? Epic videos mate
Thanks buddy, it was great to feel that adrenaline when it is going that fast and high.

Primarrma, I enjoyed your vids but at the start I told myself that where you had the ramps set up so close to the wooden barrier it was risky move.

Said to myself this guy is playing Russian roulette if he misses the ramp.Low and behold my observation became a nightmare.

Flying through the field goal was entertaining and looking forward to your next venture. Maby flying through a ring of fire.

Primarrma, I enjoyed your vids but at the start I told myself that where you had the ramps set up so close to the wooden barrier it was risky move.

Said to myself this guy is playing Russian roulette if he misses the ramp.Low and behold my observation became a nightmare.

Flying through the field goal was entertaining and looking forward to your next venture. Maby flying through a ring of fire.
The issue is I have to set them up somewhere and I didn't want to land on the carpark, so the field wasn't an option. It was all fine when I could see the run up, but from the side I couldn't make out the launch. The steering was playing up too, I hopefully will fix that now, I've got a new steering assembly. Plus I think it kicked a bit too the left when it hit the loose gravel. 100% my fault, but these things all aligned and I missed!

The issue is I have to set them up somewhere and I didn't want to land on the carpark, so the field wasn't an option. It was all fine when I could see the run up, but from the side I couldn't make out the launch. The steering was playing up too, I hopefully will fix that now, I've got a new steering assembly. Plus I think it kicked a bit too the left when it hit the loose gravel. 100% my fault, but these things all aligned and I missed!
Yes I realize that u had to set up where you did. And I know when you are looking from the side its harded to judge the run up. Like u said all these issues aligned. Anyone could have missed the ramp in that situation, no matter how good you think you are. I cringed everytime you approached the ramp at ful bore, and you made quite a few, just got bitten on one.

When I first started I had to be behind the jump and driving the car away from me in order to hit it. Over time I graduated to different angles but it's not easy, especially when you are far away and coming in like a.....
220px-Bat_out_of_Hell.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back