Kraton V3 6S, my first build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
After running my Kraton mainly stock for a few hard bashing sessions I decided that it was time for a solid upgrade on the whole rig.
Parts takes some time to get here to Sweden from USA so the build have so far been in two sessions and will be finished in a couple of weeks. +

So here goes nothing...

Chassi: M2C Goliath series. Choosing this chassi felt like a no brainer. Low weight and super quality and finish!
Servo: Power HD LW-25MG. This was not my first choise, but was what my LHS had in store that day. OK strength and same speed as Arrma servo.
Servo mount: Original for now, will be upgraded in session 2 to Hot Racing.
Engine: Original with 12T pinion. Pinon will be changed for Tekno T15 in session 2.
Engine mount: Original and the plan is to leave it that way.
IMG_9049.JPEG

Glitch buster: Power HD RX30. Snug fit in the transmitter box!
IMG_9054.JPEG

Front tower: Voltage Hobbies, black anodized. These are from a used car that I bought online and would use for parts. The towers where not listed in the ad so it was a happy surprise when I received it:)
Gearbox case: Hot Racing. Also from the "donator" car and the main reason for that purchase :)
Suspension arm mount: GPM. Also from the "donator" car. These might be changed in the future for Voltage Hobbies.
IMG_9066.JPEG

Front arm droopscrew: M2C.
IMG_9072.JPEG

After running my Kraton mainly stock for a few hard bashing sessions I decided that it was time for a solid upgrade on the whole rig.
Parts takes some time to get here to Sweden from USA so the build have so far been in two sessions and will be finished in a couple of weeks. +

So here goes nothing...

Chassi: M2C Goliath series. Choosing this chassi felt like a no brainer. Low weight and super quality and finish!
Servo: Power HD LW-25MG. This was not my first choise, but was what my LHS had in store that day. OK strength and same speed as Arrma servo.
Servo mount: Original for now, will be upgraded in session 2 to Hot Racing.
Engine: Original with 12T pinion. Pinon will be changed for Tekno T15 in session 2.
Engine mount: Original and the plan is to leave it that way.
View attachment 50005

Glitch buster: Power HD RX30. Snug fit in the transmitter box!
View attachment 50006

Front tower: Voltage Hobbies, black anodized. These are from a used car that I bought online and would use for parts. The towers where not listed in the ad so it was a happy surprise when I received it:)
Gearbox case: Hot Racing. Also from the "donator" car and the main reason for that purchase :)
Suspension arm mount: GPM. Also from the "donator" car. These might be changed in the future for Voltage Hobbies.
View attachment 50007

Front arm droopscrew: M2C.
View attachment 50008
Killer build you will be ready for a min landing after all that. Bash on??

Love the finish of the chassi!
As I mentioned the Hot Racing gearbox houses was sourced from a used car and I discovered that the hardware was not original. Screws for the suspension mount was too long and since this was a Friday evening there was no other option then continue the build and use the same hardware :p
IMG_9088.JPEG

The M2C front skid plate did not fit together with the RPM front bumper so those two parts will be mounted next session.
IMG_9056.JPEG

These was ordered just a few days before M2C released the pillar ball retainer nuts. Doh!
Not a big deal when living in the USA maybe but a bit more inconvenient when living in Sweden with shipping costs and import fees and taxes… Anyway, the kit is on the way and should arrive in a week or two :cool:
IMG_9093.JPEG

MC2 rear skid plate mounted (y) Have a set of Arrma arms that I will use and break beforeI mount my RPM arms.
IMG_9076.JPEG

To get the GPM suspension mount to fit on the rear Hot Racing gearbox house I needed to grind the steering pin on the house.
IMG_9073.JPEG

Shrink tubing was added to the rear driveshafts. That way I will find them in the bushes easier after a severe crash LOL :LOL:
Added it to the front driveshafts for symmetry.
IMG_9090.JPEG

Shrink tubing was added to the rear driveshafts. That way I will find them in the bushes easier after a severe crash LOL :LOL:
Added it to the front driveshafts for symmetry.

Nice work! You can use the front cvd shafts on the rear without issues. That'll get rid of the losing driveshaft problems. I think it only works on the Kraton though.

Nice work! You can use the front cvd shafts on the rear without issues. That'll get rid of the losing driveshaft problems. I think it only works on the Kraton though.
I have CVDs on the rear of my Typhon 6S. You may have to install the Durango outdrive cups if the CVDs bind. My stock cups didn’t bind with the CVDs.

All diffs shimmed and oil changed.
I run 30k in back, 200k in center and 60k in front.
IMG_9080.JPEG

Hot Racing front chassi brace. Will be updated for M2C to match the rear ?
IMG_9091.JPEG

My favorit part of the car ?
Voltage Hobbies rear shock tower with M2C rear shock tower brace, Hot Racing gearbox case and GPM suspension mount. Feels super solid!
IMG_9105.JPEG

Drilling through the beautiful Voltage Hobbies tower felt awful ??
IMG_9102.JPEG

First session of the build is complete!
IMG_9115.JPEG

Did also mange to fit my new Unbreakable body from RCManiacs. Stickers will be added! ?
Tyres changed to Dboots Backflips. Didn't like the Minokawa that comes with the V3.
IMG_9125.JPEG

Attachments

• IMG_9109.JPEG
    IMG_9109.JPEG
    285.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Very nice rig. Wondering how the 60k rear diff works out. You’re the first I’ve seen that went heavier in the rear and curious how that works out for you. ??

Oops! I meant 60k in front and 30k in the rear ?
That’s cool. ? I was genuinely curious how that would run. Everyone else seems to run about what you meant to say and the reverse would have had me interested in the outcome. ✌?

***** UPDATE ***** ??

Time to put some more parts into the truck! The truck has been driven since last wrench session so I apoligize for a dirty truck :)

Rear Brace and Wing Mount replaced for Hot Racing. I would have prefered more material in the mount (as in more high end brands) but this is still a great upgrade from original.
IMG_9279.JPEG

Finally the servo mount from Hot Racing has arrived! I like the way the servo pops out from the rest with its blue color ?
IMG_9317.JPEG

Needed to add some spacers on the servo saver so the arm is in level with the servo horn.
IMG_9321.JPEG

To be able to fit the M2C front skid plate with the RPM front bumber I needed to grind some material off in the middle.
IMG_9351.JPEG

Really happy with this solution! ? Now with both rear and front plates the chassi feels so much more protected! As you can se the chassi is a bit scratched from a visit in a big gravel pit without the front skid plate.
IMG_9359.JPEG

More protection! Higher mud guards from Notorious ?
IMG_9332.JPEG

To be able to fit the mud guards on the M2C chassi I grinded som plastic off.
438854F4-6C46-438F-BF00-6E558645E1CA.jpg

Time for an update!

Pinion upgraded to Tekno 15T. Let's get some speed!
IMG_9432.JPEG

Did a couple of test runs with my buddies Kraton 6s with same setup as mine. 101km/h = 62mph.
This will be fun when bashing! :LOL:
IMG_9662.jpeg

Engine mounted with the new 15T pinion new center diff mount from Hot Racing.
IMG_9435.JPEG

Center diff cover from Hot Racing. Love the feeling how the center diff now is surrounded by aluminium parts so flex should be minimal ?
IMG_9438.JPEG

Bulkhead covers and center sway bar mount from Hot Racing added to the front Hot Racing diff house.
Now both rear and front are completly built in aluminium ?
I'm also changing all button head screws to cap head screws to get 2mm hex head.
Did mess up on one screw on the tower as you can see ☹
IMG_9442.JPEG

Just a picture of the rear diff housing ?
IMG_9444.JPEG

V4 body posts added to the front for more contact surface against the body.
IMG_9446.JPEG

V4 body posts added to the back.
IMG_9447.JPEG

Stickers added to the RCManiacs Unbreakable body. In my opinion you really need some stickers for these bodies to make them look not that crappy ?
Now there is zero gap between the higher mud guards and the body ?
Really excited to see what this body can take! ?
IMG_9454.JPEG

Update! ?

Engine mount and center diff mount upgraded to M2C. Center diff mount from Hot Racing was never used before it was replaced ?
5B97576D-4F28-4AD1-81E4-3A72D7E9087A.jpeg

Front chassie brace replaced from Hot Racing to MC2. Much beefier ? Front brace actually collided with the center diff mount so the holes didn’t line up with the chassie. Even thou all those parts are M2C ?‍♂️ But that was a easy fix with the dremel.
0735A996-734F-4332-B864-40ACB5C3E963.jpeg

Diff in place! Love the look with all the black M2C parts ?
D600F271-E3C8-4CD0-BB6B-5C1228B2C6E2.jpeg

Center diff gear cover back in place. Not much Arrma left on the car??
1FB321ED-8929-4A03-AD36-D4924AAAB7D0.jpeg

Today I got some work done on the car so here is an update ?
I was going to mount the CRCU wheel hubs in 7075 T6 but also give the car a cleaner look by removing the red paint on the parts that are attached to the wheel hubs.

Starting by removing all the hardware from the wheel hubs and cleaning them with degreaser.
IMG_1742.jpg

Time go Walter White on them red aluminum parts! ?‍??
IMG_1733.jpg

Before and after!
14CC33FB-DD2D-4804-ADD9-D6ED60617854.JPG

The CRCU wheel hubs, new bearings and the refurbished Arrma parts
DSC03025.jpg

The left front wheel hub. Super stoked how it turned out ?
DSC03052.jpg

One more picture of the same hub but from a different angle ?
DSC03059.JPG

Left rear hub.
DSC03061.jpg

Same hub but different angle ?
DSC03046.jpg

And a few before/after pictures! The finish and built quality of these CRCU hubs are amazing!
DCFE7921-1919-4BD6-AEDA-954E4C5DEE72.JPG

36307907-0C1B-44A2-BCA2-0EB40DBFCE81.JPG

E045E548-97C0-4A97-8528-FBCEA9BCF5C9.JPG

4A09F229-1121-4BC8-9FF1-192384F82CE8.JPG

365EA84D-B8CF-47B0-BCBA-5E8559C65B9B.JPG

More work done with the car today! :giggle:

All shocks disassembled and cleaned before the bodies gets a nice drain cleaner bath!
DSC03076.jpg

Shock assembled again with 80 WT shock fluid. I had an extra top plate and steering plate laying around so they got a bath as well but they will be changed on the car later.
DSC03081.jpg

Picture pf the front shocks mounted.
DSC03091.jpg

Picture of the rear shock mounted.
DSC03099.jpg

Two pictures of the whole car. Love how all the raw aluminum parts come together ☺
DSC03087.jpg

DSC03103.jpg

Before/after picture ?
7B06D763-4E61-48AA-81C4-9A1BDACDC812.JPG

The Silver Arrow ?
DSC03104.jpg

??
DSC03107.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back