Kraton kraton v3 and what radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what radio and receiver do you use in the kraton
I don't have a Kraton but I use the stock radio in my Outcast. My SCX10-II and my Typhon also have the same radio.
For a rtr radio it's not too bad, it's a little lacking in features but it feels nice in the hand, not too bulky or cumbersome and the wheel feels pretty nice.

I m using the fly sky and there receiver and the reverse don t work all the time for some reason

I m using the fly sky and there receiver and the reverse don t work all the time for some reason
I think this is an esc issue, my reverse with the stock radio wouldn't work all the time as well, I swapped in a different radio and the reverse still acted up. I swapped out the BLX185 for a Max8 and the reverse works normal with the stock radio.
My BLX185 was stuck in my Summit where it still had reverse issues and it eventually let out the green flashy led of death. I RMA'd it back to Horizon and the new one the reverse works normal.

I use the spektrum dx5c with mine, with the srs6000 reciever. I really like it.
I have a DX5C as well, my only gripe is the scroll wheel I just don't like the feel of it as you are scrolling and clicking through the menus, and it is a bit too easy to click the wheel while trying to scroll.

I bought a 6 channel RadioLink awhile ago, and it seems like an OK transmitter. Their receivers have a built in Gyro too. I've converted a few of my trucks so far, and have 2 new receivers to go into my new Kraton, and Typhon 3S. While running my new Kraton, and Typhon the other day, I was surprised at the lack of distance the stock radios have. I didn't setup a failsafe, but several times, I'd loose steering, and the throttle would go to zero. I could walk a few yards towards the truck, and it would pick up, and I could drive back. This was in line of sight, flat road, no buildings or anything near. I'm hoping my RadioLink will do better.

Futaba 4PV and R314SB-E working great for me. The transmitter is very comfortable, looks great and is easy to navigate, I really like the built in antenna, size and price of this receiver as well. Paid $270.00 for the combo so pretty good value IMO.

I just got the spektrum dx5c haven installed it yet going to this weekend

My RadioLink is working pretty good. Haven't got to check distance yet, but I do like the built in gyro. Have it in my Typhon 3S, and 2 of my Red Cats. Will be installing receivers in my Kraton and Nortorious today. RadioLink has 10 model memory. Not bad for $80, and receivers for $15

I use my trusty Futaba 4PLS for everything. I've had it for 6 years and it's been perfect. Everytime I hold a RTR radio I throw up in my mouth a little.

My RadioLink is working pretty good. Haven't got to check distance yet, but I do like the built in gyro. Have it in my Typhon 3S, and 2 of my Red Cats. Will be installing receivers in my Kraton and Nortorious today. RadioLink has 10 model memory. Not bad for $80, and receivers for $15
I've looked at the RadioLink TX often. I like the low cost of $15 RX and wish others would have a better price for receivers. The gyro in the cheaper rx is a bonus but probably wouldn't need unless I changed out my single 2wd truck.
Hope it works well for you and look forward to more reviews. Please keep us posted when you get some distance. I'd likely buy one within a few months or so just to have the model memory and ability to carry around a single radio.

I’ve just got a DX5c to run my cars as I’ve used spektrum for years, in helicopters and cars,
However I don’t know if I will buy another spektrum if they are all built like the DX5, I just feels like a cheap toy radio, I actually prefer the standard tactic radio.

Decided I wanted to step up my rx system from rtr’s and bought the Sanwa mt44. Very happy with it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back