Kraton Kraton V3 Battery Tray Extension?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildvoodoomagic

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
I just bought an SMC 4s 9400mah battery and I realized I didnt pay attention on the size of the battery and its gonna be way too big. Is theyre any way I can legnthen the current battery tray? Any aftermarket or DIY suggestions? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum @Wildvoodoomagic! How much longer is the battery? Could you use a long piece of plastic to line the bottom of the tray? How about a photo so we can see what we're dealing with.

Welcome, that's a big battery. Do you have it yet? It may fit but its going to be pretty long and tight side to side. I have a 51mm wide battery and I really have to mash it in to the tray but its only 140mm or so long. the strap may not be long enough for the 172mm length. Generally the 5000mah or so Hardcase 4s and 6s lipos are what they had in mind when they designed the truck. They are around 138mmX46X48 and fit perfect and balance the truck nicely. Example below...
jim
5200_4s_100c_hard.jpg

Last edited:
The front to back velco strip should be long enough to keep that pack securely in there..

Id would prob just put it in there.. Strap it snug.. And put some piece of foam underneath the part that sticks out of the tray at the back.. To give it a little extra support

Jesus that’s gotta be one heavy female dog too. Is there a reason you need that big of a pack? Or did you just think bigger will be better?

Im gonna need it. I got my truck back today and its fitting...barely. Id say its workable. I may look into longer velcro strap for it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back