Kraton Kraton v3 excessive steering play

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReactionWrist69

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey Guys. Just picked up my new Kraton and have several runs on it and was curious if they excessive steering play is normal? When front end is light front wheels appear to wobble as if wheel nuts are loose which I know they are tight. Any way to tighten steering linkage besides buying a upgraded servo mount which I plan to order soon. Thanks for ur help.

Yes I do have them snug. Most of the play is coming from the bell crank and tie rod assembly.

There are 2 large hex bolts that tie the ackerman to the bellcrank. Make sure they are completely tight as they can back out over time.

Ok I'll double check that they haven't loosened up. Is there an aftermarket assembly that will reduce this slack? There is about quarter inch of play in the steering maybe that is normal not sure.

Switch to bearings in the servo saver and steering plate. There's also a nice cf steering plate with bigger bearings included on Ebay (Germany).

Megasty could you better explain which large hexes you speak of as I am having the same issue. Do you mean the red large hexes up against the pillow balls cause I lost one already and that made my steering very loose Thanks.

Megasty could you better explain which large hexes you speak of as I am having the same issue. Do you mean the red large hexes up against the pillow balls cause I lost one already and that made my steering very loose Thanks.

You should replace the hub ASAP. It's probably cracked.

Ok I'll double check that they haven't loosened up. Is there an aftermarket assembly that will reduce this slack? There is about quarter inch of play in the steering maybe that is normal not sure.

A small bit of vertical play in the steering posts ia normal but there should be nearly no horizontal play in the posts, ackerman, or links. Check the posts & servo saver to make sure they aren't damaged as well as the screws holding the links. Hot Racing & GPM both have aluminum posts - & definitely replace the bushings in the posts with 6x10x3 bearings.

Sorry guys I know this is an old post but does anyone have the proper size for the Ackerman bearings ...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back