Kraton v3 noob drivetrain question/concern

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbraysfan11

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi guys new to the forum and arrma in general. I recently got back into rc and bought a kraton. I've been reading and watching up on shimming diffs and changing diff fluid. When looking at my kraton after only a few gentle runs, I noticed extreme play in one of the rear wheel dog ones. I posted a picture is this OK? Or is something off about it and needs fixed. Both front and the other rear have minimal play except for this one which has quite alot. Thanks in advance for the help

Attachments

• DSC_0049.JPG
    DSC_0049.JPG
    218.7 KB · Views: 67
Shimming a diff is about tuning the gear mesh by tightening the tolerances between gears so that they interlock better.

The dogbone play is a separate issue; I would venture that excessive play along power transfer vectors would be a result of either the dogbones being worn or the output shaft cups where the dogbone fit being worn, or both.

Much like shimming the diffs, you could compare the smoothness/play between all the linkages of the drive wheels and examine wear patterns in order to decide whether things are ok or if some corrective action is needed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back