Kraton v3 ride height

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you got it sorted out!
For droop adjustments you can read all you want or take a look on Youtube:

Thanks! Easy peasy. That's how I'll check em. I know they need tweeking right now because after I got the new springs in I had to lift the arm slightly to get the shock pin back in. So it's putting pressure on the shock ends. I'll fix it up though.

Btw, I wouldn't set the droop so the shocks just fit, but give it a bit less than that to account for the arm flexing during a crash.

This method will make use of the full droop that you can get per shock, but won't account for different droop left to right due to bent chassis, my chassis is not visibly bent but if I measure the droop at the hex level I can see one side is more lower than the other, so you might want to measure the droop on the hex level, so both of the sides will be aligned, like in this video here:

I loosen the droop screws until the arm stops getting lower, then measure the droop left/right and see which one is higher, then I set the droop for that arm to be 3-4mm higher and then set the other side to be the same. Then do the same for the other end of the car.

I have no idea what/where a droop screw is!

I also have a suspension issue on my typhon 3s, basically new.

question 1: out of the box, if I drop the car from 50cm, is supposed to smash the chassis on the ground or not?

question 2: I’ve added the biggest preload that comes with the car to make it a bit higher, which works. Chassis doesn’t smash on the ground anymore but now When the car is on the ground, shocks are fully extended, no compression at all

what do?

question 1: out of the box, if I drop the car from 50cm, is supposed to smash the chassis on the ground or not?

question 2: I’ve added the biggest preload that comes with the car to make it a bit higher, which works. Chassis doesn’t smash on the ground anymore but now When the car is on the ground, shocks are fully extended, no compression at all

what do?

I cant speak specifically to the Typhon 3s, or if there is a droop adjustment on that vehicle. However, what it does in general is provide a stopping point for the A arms so they are not pulling down on the shock when you pick the vehicle up, jump it, or wheelie, which causes stress on the lower shock rod end.

In regards to chassis "slap" it is pretty accepted occurence by the members here. You certainly want to provide some dampening with the shocks to slow it down, but this might be better tuned with shock oil as opposed to spring pre-load and ride height. I'll let someone with more Typhon experience weigh in. Otherwise create a new thread that may get more attention.

Go to Youtube for droop adjustment.
#1 You want the chassis to hit to take some of the force else you bend shocks

#2 is answered in #1. You will damage shocks which costs more.

what do?
It should slap, but not from 50cm. I assume what you have is a common issue with the 3s line is that the oil in the shocks leak and so they don’t dampen. Check this by flipping your car upside down and compress each suspension to feel if you have air in the shocks instead of oils. It is ok to have air for 10% of the travel, but not more. Re-fill with 500cst oil and it will be much better.

As for question 2, you definitely don’t want to add that much preload. The shock must be able to extend, and also the car will be very unstable at such high ride height.

Thanks all

so should Be just a matter of quantity of oil inside instead of oil viscosity?
Because 500 cst is what it comes with.

I said 50 cmq but it’s probably less...I've just tried removing all preloads and, although the car sits fine on the suspensions, if i drop it it slaps really hard on the ground, especially the front end.

By putting the car upside down to check the shocks, I can't tell if there's air in them, definitely they feel really soft.

To be noted: I rebuilt one shock because I broke an eyelet, maybe didn't do properly?
how much oil should be in there?
any way to fix the stock shocks? as much as i'd like to get the 6s ones, I'm not willing to pay 80euros for 2 right now

thanks again

Thanks all

so should Be just a matter of quantity of oil inside instead of oil viscosity?
Because 500 cst is what it comes with.

I said 50 cmq but it’s probably less...I've just tried removing all preloads and, although the car sits fine on the suspensions, if i drop it it slaps really hard on the ground, especially the front end.

By putting the car upside down to check the shocks, I can't tell if there's air in them, definitely they feel really soft.

To be noted: I rebuilt one shock because I broke an eyelet, maybe didn't do properly?
how much oil should be in there?
any way to fix the stock shocks? as much as i'd like to get the 6s ones, I'm not willing to pay 80euros for 2 right now

thanks again

Here you go. Watch Thomas P rebuild his shocks and you will see how much oil to use as well as the proper procedure in filling them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back