Kraton v3 ride height

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JtkBrew

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I picked up a used stock Kraton 6s V3 last week. I've been making a few upgrades and have a few more to go. One thing that I'd like to address is the ride height, particularly in the front. Without a battery pack, the front will settle out so the chassis is slanted downward toward the front quite a bit and the front A-arms are just below parallel.

All four of my spring adjustments are screwed almost all the way down the shock tower. I also moved the four shocks to the inner, slightly lower hole in the stock shock tower. Hard to say if that really helped.

I understand the V3s have better springs than the Tekno's, so that would not be the route to take. I also understand shock oil is for dampening, not ride height, so changing that shouldn't have an effect, correct?

I was thinking of buying stock rear shocks and putting them up front. Any other options I should be looking at to lift this up a bit more? Thanks.

There is something wrong it seems. Can you post some pictures?
Thanks for replying.

From side:
20200121_065733.jpg

From front:
20200121_065757.jpg

Spring adjustment:
20200121_065823.jpg

Are your droop screws stopping the arms?

No, I did look at that, and when I pick the front up, they will allow it to go much higher before the droop screwes hit.

Yes if you look at the arrma site, you will find part numbers in the exploded views..

Yep. Here is a pic I just took lifting the front end to show it isn't the droop screws.
View attachment 61794

Not that I see.

Ok, I was asking because sometimes the pivot ball nuts are too tight not allowing the spring to lift and expand. People crank them down not understanding what they really do. Not saying you don’t, it was just another thing to check.

Ok, I was asking because sometimes the pivot ball nuts are too tight not allowing the spring to lift and expand. People crank them down not understanding what they really do. Not saying you don’t, it was just another thing to check.

I didn't know what a droop screw was 2 weeks ago, so I'll take all the help I can get. Trying to read as much as I can here to absorb information.

I have a v3 myself..and i don't think that those springs are original kratons..mine are a lot longer it seems...ill post a picture when im home

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing if there is a difference.

I may try to take one of the front springs off and measure it before I buy anything, but it may be a couple days before I can.

By eyeball, you have short springs. Check the original V3 parts list which you can find on arrma's page. I believe they are 80mm in front and 90mm in back. These look shorter and I bet have a different rating.

By eyeball, you have short springs. Check the original V3 parts list which you can find on arrma's page. I believe they are 80mm in front and 90mm in back. These look shorter and I bet have a different rating.

Front = AR330507, I think 85mm length
Rear = AR330508, I think 95mm length

Count the coils..!! You can then compare them in case they are not Arrma springs or as some earlier said they may be from another model truck/buggy..???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back