Kraton v3 ride height

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look like short or soft springs to me too. By the way, if you move the shocks inboard they'll compress more (be softer effectively), kinda counterintuitive. Leverage and all that.

Count the coils..!! You can then compare them in case they are not Arrma springs or as some earlier said they may be from another model truck/buggy..???
Yeah, I was trying to count them in my pic. No matter where I start, they look like less coils than the stock springs I'm seeing in pictures.

My guess is that these are the wrong springs. Hopefully the shocks themselves are the right ones.
And here's my dilemma. Do I buy the new springs hoping the shock is right, or just order the whole stock shock from the go get?

Look like short or soft springs to me too. By the way, if you move the shocks inboard they'll compress more (be softer effectively), kinda counterintuitive. Leverage and all that.
I did think about that when I moved them in, but thought because the hole was slightly lower I'd give it a shot.

Have I mentioned this forum is awesome!! Thanks for the help everyone.

And here's my dilemma. Do I buy the new springs hoping the shock is right, or just order the whole stock shock from the go get?
You can tell for sure if the shocks are the right ones by taking them off and measure their length at full extension. it should be 133mm back and 115mm front. (make sure to measure from center to center of the eyelet).

Yep. Here is a pic I just took lifting the front end to show it isn't the droop screws.
View attachment 61794

Not that I see.

Ok.. typically the aftermarket springs are marked to designate the spring rates.. it would also be my guess that the springs were swapped out for something else..

Maybe toss the rear springs on the front and see how it fairs for rebound..

And yes measuring them would be the ideal route before you purchase anything

Shocks seem to be right. Front measures right around 4.5", which is 114mm. Spring is memeasures 3.25" which is about 82mm.
20200121_133750.jpg

I ordered a set of stock springs to go all the way around and will update when I get them in. Thanks again.

Little late sorry..but here is the pic of my v3

Attachments

• 20200122_164232.jpg
    20200122_164232.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Just as a side note I was having the same issue on my v3 I tried everythingcouldnt get them to rebound to an acceptable height just sat there sagging ,checked for bent shock shafts,pillowballs binding,changed pistons,lighter oil,shock position the lot,mine was a 2nd hand buy, as soon as I put new springs on, voila, it came to life my only assumption the previous owner had jumped the s××t out of it and the springs had stretched,who knows, new springs sorted it either way.

All right, new springs came in. What a difference!

Rear spring comparison, new on left:
20200125_115936.jpg

Front spring comparison, new on left:
20200125_120005.jpg

Change:
1579975496740.jpg

New preload adjustment:
20200125_120948.jpg

Funny this was all of the springs I took off were the same length?? o_O Who knows why, but its fixed now.

Thanks again for the help! :D

I noticed from your pictures that the front shocks are layed down all the way. That's part of your height issue! (y)And V4 springs are the hardest IMO. Don't forget to get the droop adjustment right or you will run into shock end probs.

I noticed from your pictures that the front shocks are layed down all the way. That's part of your height issue! (y)And V4 springs are the hardest IMO. Don't forget to get the droop adjustment right or you will run into shock end probs.

Thanks.

The ride height is much better now. I'm going to move the shocs back to the original location when I do some more mods in the near future.

I definitely need to look up proper droop screw adjustment. I read something the other day that made sense, but I'll investigate a little more & start a separate thread if needed.

Thanks.

The ride height is much better now. I'm going to move the shocs back to the original location when I do some more mods in the near future.

I definitely need to look up proper droop screw adjustment. I read something the other day that made sense, but I'll investigate a little more & start a separate thread if needed.

Just make sure you have to push up on the shock rod end to put the screw through the hole. Do that and you’ll be fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back