Kraton Kraton V3 to v4? Worth the upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesseeg

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey guys, I have a v3 Kraton that I have a love hate relationship with!Its my first rc car and I'll tell you what a jump into the rc world. That being said it's been nothing but problems.Replaced servo,replaced ESC with stock BLX185. In my opinion s shock tower brace is a necessity on these the way you can send them. I have tacod my chassis more than a few times and out comes the players and hammer. I'm ready to upgrade to the v4. It looks more beefier and I'm loving that shock tower support. I'm thinking of buying a rolling chassis for $379 and swapping my electronics and wheels ?

Is that the right way to go here? Thanks for the input!

20190610_103837.jpg
20190601_131713.jpg
20190531_151050.jpg

I'd get an M2C chassis and voltage/JBI towers and swap your existing truck to that. It will be a lot stronger than the V4 and the poorly designed top brace.

I'd get an M2C chassis and voltage/JBI towers and swap your existing truck to that. It will be a lot stronger than the V4 and the poorly designed top brace.
I was thinking of starting from scratch,I've never built an rc car,but I did a timing belt on my 91 4runner.I love mechanics ?‍?In that case i would need alot more stuff.I would want new diffs forsure besides that everything is in good working order.

I will second buying one of the aftermarket chassis. I've got M2C chassis on both of my kratons and it really is a game changer.
I wouldn't bother with the V4 T2T brace. I put that onto my V3 and over a fairly short period of time it bent the rear of my chassis even with metal chassis braces (same thing happened on my V4 Kraton).

With an aftermarket chassis and metal chassis braces, a Kraton can take quite a bit of abuse.

Also, it looks like you have an earlier V2 Kraton. Earlier shock standoffs, metal sway bar end links, earlier battery tray. This isn't a bad thing.

You could go both ways here, buy the roller or upgrade the V3 to m2c. The V4 t2t brace is a bad design, bends the stock chassis by design. If u put the m2c on the V4 you do not need the flawed t2t brace. Only you know what way to go considering cost.

I will second buying one of the aftermarket chassis. I've got M2C chassis on both of my kratons and it really is a game changer.
I wouldn't bother with the V4 T2T brace. I put that onto my V3 and over a fairly short period of time it bent the rear of my chassis even with metal chassis braces (same thing happened on my V4 Kraton).

With an aftermarket chassis and metal chassis braces, a Kraton can take quite a bit of abuse.

Also, it looks like you have an earlier V2 Kraton. Earlier shock standoffs, metal sway bar end links, earlier battery tray. This isn't a bad thing.
Gotcha,maybe a new chassis and bullet proof the diffs somehow.Ok cool,I thought it was a v3,I bought it secondhand.I love this thing.Maybe just more upgrades ?‍♂️
Gotcha,maybe a new chassis and bullet proof the diffs somehow.Ok cool,I thought it was a v3,I bought it secondhand.I love this thing.Maybe just more upgrades ?‍♂️
Is there a specific m2c?

The m2c for the Kraton is specific than other models.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back