Kraton Kraton V3... when?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pantag

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
So, as you probably saw on the news, the new Talion V3 is coming out in a few days. My question is, when should we expect the Kraton V3 to arrive? Does usually Arrma releases its RC vehicle "versions" all together (or close enough) or years can be between them?

If I remember correctly, the V2 Talion came out in 2016, the same with the V2 Kraton. So, I would assume we are not far away from a Kraton V3 release?

Yeah i wanted to wait to pick up a v3 Kraton but i suck at waiting. So i pulled the trigger on a new v2 Kraton from TowerHobbies. With my coupon it came out to 425 shipped to my front door. Plus i probably earned around 60 ecash dollars. So not a bad deal. I wish i knew for more certainty when the v3 Kraton was coming out. Then i might have waited but waiting just to see if they will announce is anytime soon was to much for me. It should be here tomorrow.

The Kraton v2 will be my second rc. First is a Traxxas Erevo brushless. Love it to death but im afraid to run 6s in it. Afraid to blow another diff...

The Kraton will be my 6s bash machine......lmao

Just shim the Diffs in the Kraton and you'll be hard pressed to blow a diff. You may find you need a bigger bash spot. Takes a lot of room to do 60 MPH off a jump, fly, land, stop and turn around.

Arrma will wait until the stock of V2's is depleted. They probably have the V3's all boxed up and ready to go but they don't want people waiting for the 3's and leaving them holding a whole bunch of V2's.

Based on what we see with the talion v3 so far, you are not missing much and almost everything it offers can be done better via aftermarket.

Watch for Tower to put the v2 Kraton on sale - that will be the signal that the v3 announcement is coming soon. Same as they did with Senton. (Senton v3 sux!)

The Senton they released yesterday isn't the 6s Senton replacement... I hope.
It's in the Granite family of plastic and more affordable machines. A terrible marketing plan for sure, unless they really are getting rid of the 6s Senton line.

Just shim the Diffs in the Kraton and you'll be hard pressed to blow a diff. You may find you need a bigger bash spot. Takes a lot of room to do 60 MPH off a jump, fly, land, stop and turn around.
Thanks, i will shim them for sure. I heard putting different diff fluid in the diffs is a good idea to because the fluid that comes in the diffs is way to thin??

Arrma will wait until the stock of V2's is depleted. They probably have the V3's all boxed up and ready to go but they don't want people waiting for the 3's and leaving them holding a whole bunch of V2's.
That makes sense, im happy with a v2 for now. Im just excited to get my first Arrma. Heard so many good things...

Thinker fluid in the center will help send equal power to the front and rear differentials. With the stock fluid, as soon as you hit the gas the rear end droops, like all cars, but then there is no weight on the front wheels and they spin link crazy, but since there is no weight o them, they get no traction, and balloon out like diner plates. And then I did thicken up the front and rear fluids as well. Lots of threads in here about this.

The new Senton is not longer part of the 6S BLX line. It is on the new entry-level "Mega" brushed motor, plastic everything chassis. While I do hope Arrma has success with this new platform - and it looks like a great entry level 4wd platform for the Granite, I feel they Gutted the Senton. They really should have called it the Fury 4x4, and let the Senton live on as the 6S BLX 1/8 scale platform version.

Ah right I see what you're saying now. Yeah that kinda sucks they went that route. Kinda like they neutered it a bit.

On a separate note I'd sure love to see specs on the kraton v3 as soon as humanly possible. Sent a fb message to Arrma in hopes to get some sort of info about it.

I believe a v3 6s BLX Senton will be out soon. If you watch rc network unboxing of the v3 talion you will see in the book an updated 6s BLX Senton.

Attachments

• 8E6E4EA8-7B77-4307-B5E6-FB98168B23D6.png
    8E6E4EA8-7B77-4307-B5E6-FB98168B23D6.png
    1 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Ah right I see what you're saying now. Yeah that kinda sucks they went that route. Kinda like they neutered it a bit.

On a separate note I'd sure love to see specs on the kraton v3 as soon as humanly possible. Sent a fb message to Arrma in hopes to get some sort of info about it.
If its anything like the v3 Talon it will be some minor tweaks. I hope it is much more, but from the looks it will be just a few tweaks. But only one way to find out. WAIT AND SEE :(

So, I reviewed the V2 Kraton manual against the new Talion V3 manual (which references in there what I assume to be the V3 Kraton) and what I found seems pretty much to be in line with what Arrma is updating for 2018 its BLX models.

Kraton V3 updates:
- New 4mm shocks. Seems that the whole shock including the springs are different part numbers.
- The thicker new servo mount
- Outcast's battery compartment
- Outcast's front dirt guards
- New bumpers, front and rear (small ones)
- New gearbox HD case, supposedly stronger
- Shock cup protectors

That's all I can see folks. I assume it will have a new body color, but it is not in the manual. I was ready to pull the trigger on a V2 Kraton yesterday from Tower as the V3 does not have significant upgrades, but it shows as "back-ordered". The red V2 was available till last night, with coupon down to $369 (missed the e-cash rewards, too...damn it!). I am wondering what will happen if I place for the back-ordered V2 Kraton in Tower; will they fill it or cancel it?

So, yeah, this is what $130 will get you on the new V3.

So, I reviewed the V2 Kraton manual against the new Talion V3 manual (which references in there what I assume to be the V3 Kraton) and what I found seems pretty much to be in line with what Arrma is updating for 2018 its BLX models.

Kraton V3 updates:
- New 4mm shocks. Seems that the whole shock including the springs are different part numbers.
- The thicker new servo mount
- Outcast's battery compartment
- Outcast's front dirt guards
- New bumpers, front and rear (small ones)
- New gearbox HD case, supposedly stronger
- Shock cup protectors

That's all I can see folks. I assume it will have a new body color, but it is not in the manual. I was ready to pull the trigger on a V2 Kraton yesterday from Tower as the V3 does not have significant upgrades, but it shows as "back-ordered". The red V2 was available till last night, with coupon down to $369 (missed the e-cash rewards, too...damn it!). I am wondering what will happen if I place for the back-ordered V2 Kraton in Tower; will they fill it or cancel it?

So, yeah, this is what $130 will get you on the new V3.
Why would they cancel if you back order?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back