Kraton Kraton v4 build as it breaks...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siik_ap2

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hello everyone, I just purchased a Keaton v4 and jumped right into it with some mods but from here on out will be replacing as I break basis or I chase new goals. To start I went with the following:

current mods:

-RPM front arms
-RPM rear mud guards on oem arms (had to drill one hole into arms)
-Removed front knuckle spacers
-RPM front bumper and skid plate(had to replace oem with typhoon to make work)
-RPM rear skid plate
-GPM front and rear braces
- hot racing lug nuts

Ordered and on the way:

-arrma nero shock ends
-t bone wheelie bar
-hot racing front hubs
-shims for rear wheel slop
-carbon servo mount

I ran into a small tree and cracked the rpm and arm and broke the lower shock end so waiting on that stuff now.
Any recommendations welcomed I see a lot of people complain about the servo and radio I think they work fine but I’m a newb so what do I know lol.

also looking for a tire(s)that won’t balloon nearly as much and i can use to bash and do some ocasional drag racing(I know it’s a basher lol)

86CACA86-79FB-48DA-95BE-C6BC07DBC47E.jpeg
F09AD4AC-97DA-498D-8132-7D2A585E752F.jpeg

Last edited:
You could vent your tires to help with ballooning. You may also find that the radio and receiver are not what they could be. Run it as is but know that for a small investment you can get much better / noticable reaction time with even the V3 and earlier Tactic radio system. The difference is very noticeable. Should be able to pick one up for under $45 shipped with receiver.

You could vent your tires to help with ballooning. You may also find that the radio and receiver are not what they could be. Run it as is but know that for a small investment you can get much better / noticable reaction time with even the V3 and earlier Tactic radio system. The difference is very noticeable. Should be able to pick one up for under $45 shipped with receiver.

Thank you I will start looking around and wait for the right deal if it comes up. So vent 4 holes per tire? That should limit some of the insane ballooning? It’s really only the front tires when it pops up and they are free spinning but I would think doing all four would be ideal.

Thank you I will start looking around and wait for the right deal if it comes up. So vent 4 holes per tire? That should limit some of the insane ballooning? It’s really only the front tires when it pops up and they are free spinning but I would think doing all four would be ideal.
Ideal fix for ballooning would be to rework your center diff and get some heavier weight fluid in there. This along with venting at three or four equally spaced holes and use some Gorilla tape to cover the holes in the inside of the wheels.

Ideal fix for ballooning would be to rework your center diff and get some heavier weight fluid in there. This along with venting at three or four equally spaced holes and use some Gorilla tape to cover the holes in the inside of the wheels.
What weight fluid would I be looking to use? I’ll add venting and taping the holes to the list

What holds in the front pins if you remove the OEM bumper for the RPM bumper? I thought it was supposed to go over the OEM?

What holds in the front pins if you remove the OEM bumper for the RPM bumper? I thought it was supposed to go over the OEM?
He's using the small bumper from a Typhon. Talion works too. If you upgrade your suspension/hinge pin mounts, they all eliminate the need for the extra bumper.

He's using the small bumper from a Typhon. Talion works too. If you upgrade your suspension/hinge pin mounts, they all eliminate the need for the extra bumper.

Huh, okay, I just didnt see it in the first pic. Thanks

Huh, okay, I just didnt see it in the first pic. Thanks
Good point. It's not on in the pic, but he listed it in the parts.?

Good point. It's not on in the pic, but he listed it in the parts.?

Thats what threw me off. I saw the list and then I thought I was missing something in the pics... then I went back to see if he had some other retainer.

Either way, good start to the build. :)

Thats what threw me off. I saw the list and then I thought I was missing something in the pics... then I went back to see if he had some other retainer.

Either way, good start to the build. :)
Yeah I found out real quick it didn’t fit over my bumper and needed it to hold on the lower arm pins, either way I was able to fix that with the typhoon bumper ??

Small update. Removed the second connector to run a dual battery setup, I have no intentions of doing that plus this makes it less messy.

Is everyone running the roll bar or are most people removing them?

also anyone know whereI can get a carbon fiber center brace?

Attachments

• 3583483A-0EDB-4B72-AEEF-31CB40DD53CD.jpeg
    3583483A-0EDB-4B72-AEEF-31CB40DD53CD.jpeg
    339.4 KB · Views: 65
Small update. Removed the second connector to run a dual battery setup, I have no intentions of doing that plus this makes it less messy.

Is everyone running the roll bar or are most people removing them?

also anyone know whereI can get a carbon fiber center brace?

I have ID 10mm X 12mm OD some recommend 10 X 14 but IMHO the 1mm thick wall is enough. Just coat the Aluminium with Epoxy before sliding the tube over.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=carbon+fiber+tube+id+10mm&ref=nb_sb_noss

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back