Kraton Kraton v4 build as it breaks...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I found out real quick it didn’t fit over my bumper and needed it to hold on the lower arm pins, either way I was able to fix that with the typhoon bumper ??

FWIW, I installed the RPM bumper on top of the OEM one on my V4. I doesn't fit perfectly well, but I found it does fit well enough to install it anyway.

Anybody has a good reason for me to remove it?

FWIW, I installed the RPM bumper on top of the OEM one on my V4. I doesn't fit perfectly well, but I found it does fit well enough to install it anyway.

Anybody has a good reason for me to remove it?
I had a hard time fitting mine so I ordered the talion bumper, I read somewhere that it damages the rpm bumper fairly easily. I’m not sure how true that is tho.

got my Nero front shock ends on today. Don’t know how much stronger these actually are
AFCBA95B-CA90-4610-8C00-FD9BEAD68BEA.jpeg
but they look dope!

Some updates:

replaced my front knuckles with hot racing just more because of the threading issue that happens over time with the plastic one plus they are really nice, I also shimmed all 4 corners of my hexes to eliminate some slop. Waiting on a new wing and my wheelie bar from t bone ??‍♂️.

also can’t decide between badlands and backflips lps. I want to save some weight as both are lighter then the copperhead 2s and want the car to be more nimble and I think the backflip lps might help me achieve that. Anyways some pics.
B923D033-8534-4EA3-81F8-0AB8DC942A1A.jpeg
AD18612B-7D4D-45EE-9F3F-D51C31AD0711.jpeg
CB770AF5-9ADA-4CCE-BA3E-38010CA7C824.jpeg

Small update. Removed the second connector to run a dual battery setup, I have no intentions of doing that plus this makes it less messy.

Is everyone running the roll bar or are most people removing them?

also anyone know whereI can get a carbon fiber center brace?
I have been contemplating removing the secondary connector for dual battery setup for a while - in the meantime I have found that it "snaps" into place in the tower brace for a snug fit... that is why I have kept it as well as for reinforcement at the roof.

Attachments

• 15799245109393008151069297443351.jpg
    15799245109393008151069297443351.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 15799245402927895644241995333617.jpg
    15799245402927895644241995333617.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 54
I have been contemplating removing the secondary connector for dual battery setup for a while - in the meantime I have found that it "snaps" into place in the tower brace for a snug fit... that is why I have kept it as well as for reinforcement at the roof.
Nice I’ll try to snap mine in there tomorrow ??

Got a front right loose pivot ball top A arm tightened all the way in but keeps spinning when trying to tighten more the lil spacer bit not on both sides. do I need to replace the A arm or Pivot ball or the entire knuckle itself? that hot racing looks good.

Got a front right loose pivot ball top A arm tightened all the way in but keeps spinning when trying to tighten more the lil spacer bit not on both sides. do I need to replace the A arm or Pivot ball or the entire knuckle itself? that hot racing looks good.
Hey if your trying to tighten and the threads are all Thebes’s into the arm and it keeps spinning that means the plastic is stripped and needs an arm replacement.

Some here will run a file across the threads of the pillow nut to give it a little more bite. This is a last ditch effort to get a little more life out of the plastic. You should do it four times around the nut. Score it pretty hard to give it some burrs.

Small update:

wanted to add some color to the car so I bought the j concepts highlighter yellow wing, drilled through it for the mounting holes and attached it with red Aluminum buttons.

also on order:

backflip los
Carbon servo mount
Hot racing servo arm
Crcu carbon fiber front and rear shock towers
Tekno stand offs for front and rear

And finally shipped:

tbone wheelie bar.

pics of the wing:

View attachment 1A3C5367-EC67-4DEA-B46B-B6E7AD5BB9DF.jpeg

View attachment 83D6B88C-FC21-440B-B997-379767DE5E5C.jpeg

looking good nice list also thanks for the tips would I still need to replace the knuckles or pivot ball? I also bought a power HD 25kg low voltage waterproof servo waiting for the GKA 1 piece (tall) servo mount should I buy a hot racing 25t servo horn/arm or stock is fine?

looking good nice list also thanks for the tips would I still need to replace the knuckles or pivot ball? I also bought a power HD 25kg low voltage waterproof servo waiting for the GKA 1 piece (tall) servo mount should I buy a hot racing 25t servo horn/arm or stock is fine?

the stock pillow ball is metal and should be fine, the knuckle as well, from the way your explaining sounds like you just need new arms, might be a good time for rpms.

I believe stock is fine but since it’s a tall servo I’m not sure if the stock arm will hit something considering it will be raised, you might want to do some research on that.

hmmm okay thank you I thought it was because removed spacer from upper/lower arm on both sides. Will order rpm arms now.

will test see how go with stock if no good will grab hot racing one appreciate the help.

Another update as some parts are finally coming in...

finally got my t bone speed run wheelie bar. Feels rear study’s and it actually replaces my rpm rear skid plate and bolts up to the rear bulkhead or diff housing whatever that is lol. I like that it has a 3 position setup that I can use to straight bashing or for speed runs to make sure the nose stays down. I’ll probably look for the wheel replacements as they are pretty ugly and try to add some color to it.

also got my hot racing servo arm it’s more bling then anything else. But looks really nice. Hopefully get some action pics tomorrow. For now these shall do:
809870F4-42AF-4A1B-B7BF-62BD3C36C97A.jpeg
057FDC22-7741-4C8E-A382-2084A83CF8A4.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back