Kraton kraton v4 center brace bar..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ39

Reaction score
hey guys am i the only one who thinks that the long round brace bar is a little excessive if you have aluminum front and rear brace bars? I mean it seams strong enough idk ? It is annoying I'm thinking of just leaving it off

Is that a mistake ?
it just gets in the way imo

hey guys am i the only one who thinks that the long round brace bar is a little excessive if you have aluminum front and rear brace bars? I mean it seams strong enough idk ? It is annoying I'm thinking of just leaving it off

Is that a mistake ?
it just gets in the way imo
It depends on how you drive, if you are sending your car into the air a lot you are bound to hit in a way that could bend the chassis in the middle... it's more about prevention than necessity. I see lots of people with m2c chassis's running without it but I won't because I'm rough with my RC's and any strengthening is good strengthening ;)

Not sure how it gets in the way other than when you're tearing it down but if you feel that way run without it ;)

I have aluminum braces + M2C chassis and I removed the T2T brace. I like not have the T2T brace in the way when I work on the car.

With aluminum braces + stock chassis, I don't think there's a definitive consensus whether the T2T is helpful or not. I'd say run it either way and upgrade to an M2C chassis if you ever bend the stock one.

It depends on how you drive, if you are sending your car into the air a lot you are bound to hit in a way that could bend the chassis in the middle... it's more about prevention than necessity. I see lots of people with m2c chassis's running without it but I won't because I'm rough with my RC's and any strengthening is good strengthening ;)

Not sure how it gets in the way other than when you're tearing it down but if you feel that way run without it ;)
I don't send my car that high I send it far and fast

Also I'm actually trying to cut down weight a little ?
I have aluminum braces + M2C chassis and I removed the T2T brace. I like not have the T2T brace in the way when I work on the car.

With aluminum braces + stock chassis, I don't think there's a definitive consensus whether the T2T is helpful or not. I'd say run it either way and upgrade to an M2C chassis if you ever bend the stock one.
I don't have that m2c chassis wish I had
maybe I should just buy a infraction lol just though to myself why don't I do big jumps

I don't have that m2c chassis wish I had
maybe I should just buy a infraction lol just though to myself why don't I do big jumps

It all depends on the terrain you have. I don't do big jumps either and, to be fair, I probably don't need the M2C chassis. I ended up with an M2C chassis because I bent my rear shock tower and I wanted to replace it by something stronger. While I was on the M2C website, I simply bought most of the available upgrades for the Kraton...(gotta spread the shipping fees to multiple parts) :p

Upgrading the chassis is also a perfect excuse for a nice wrenching session...and it's simply a beautiful RC car part.

It all depends on the terrain you have. I don't do big jumps either and, to be fair, I probably don't need the M2C chassis. I ended up with an M2C chassis because I bent my rear shock tower and I wanted to replace it by something stronger. While I was on the M2C website, I simply bought most of the available upgrades for the Kraton...(gotta spread the shipping fees to multiple parts) :p

Upgrading the chassis is also a perfect excuse for a nice wrenching session...and it's simply a beautiful RC car part.
Lol I can understand that..it is a beauty
Lol I can understand that..it is a beauty
I actually also tried to get my hands on one of those chassis after a bent my stock chassis by literally jumping off 3 fkn stairs... don't ask me how

But they just like most other awesome parts for the kraton just don't send it to my beautiful lil country ?‍♂️?

Last edited:
I don't send my car that high I send it far and fast

Also I'm actually trying to cut down weight a little ?
I'd say you'd probably be fine without it, worst case you bend the chassis, expensive part to replace but not impossible ;)

I go for toughness due to how I drive when I'm in a hardcore bash session but I'd say 80 to 90% of the time I don't need it because I'm not going 20+ft in the air but for that 10 to 20% of the time that I am I keep it just in case.

I do not disassemble my car that often and when I need to get into the center diff it's easy enough to remove the front left dust guard and take out the one front screw on the tower to tower brace then just hinge it up. Sometimes I'll put a rubber band around the wing and t2t brace so it stays up while I'm moving around but for me, at least, it isn't that much of an inconvenience.

You have to do what you feel is right for you and from what I'm hearing you'd probably be fine without it ;)

If I'm not disassembling something and then putting back together I'm just not happy ?

Reckon upgrades and seeing how things work and how far this little piece of metal and rubber can go is a big part of the fun for me..

Push it until It pops and then fix it haha with something stronger and so on and on.

Should be getting some good poop soon make her fly can't wait ?
Took the t2t pole off and went for a spin , felt lighter and faster already lol .. even if it's just in my head haha
??

Sadly, the stock chassis is going to bend with or without it. I say keep it and use it as a carrying handle.

I have a carrying handle ?

20200826_040202.jpg

Sadly, the stock chassis is going to bend with or without it. I say keep it and use it as a carrying handle.
I am sure eventually it will bend but (knock on wood) mine hasn't yet...

I use the rear RPM bumper, wing or wheelie bar as a handle when the body is on but when it's off that bar is almost perfect for handling the Kraton horizontally ;)

I am sure eventually it will bend but (knock on wood) mine hasn't yet...

I use the rear RPM bumper, wing or wheelie bar as a handle when the body is on but when it's off that bar is almost perfect for handling the Kraton horizontally ;)
If you send it will bend. If you've sent it already, then you just haven't realized it's bend yet. Strip it down and lay on on a Granite countertop.

If you send it will bend. If you've sent it already, then you just haven't realized it's bend yet. Strip it down and lay on on a Granite countertop.
Put a straight edge against it and I have maybe a half millimeter of sag.. barely perceptible. Don't count that as a bend though, if I understand it correctly all aluminum chassis's sag over time even if all you do is drive it right? I'm sure it will eventually bend but after sending it off a bunch of high ramps it's still in decent shape if a little scratched up (or a lot scratched)...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back