Kraton V4 FlySky GT3C to replace my STX2? Range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eastwolf1228

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Hi all
So I've run 20+ packs through my V4 Kraton and it's been faultless with excellent range until last night.... I had a low-medium speed crash as it wouldn't respond and hit a parking barrier (luckily nothing broke). It then displayed patches of lag on throttle, or no steering or phantom throttle..... Which was mighty scary. NOW I understand why people are so dark on their Spektrum STX2. I'm not in 'Murica, so I don't have access to a great number of radios.

How's the range and performance on the FS-GT3 please?

Another option in my country is the Futaba 3PV, which costs nearly twice as much as above.

Last option: Radiolink RC4G, which costs the same as above Fkysky.

Again, I'm not in a country where there's free shipping wed etc and I want to buy locally in case it malfunctions. My concerns are:
  • Range
  • Response time
  • Suitability for V4, will the waterproof radio box fit the Receiver?
Thanks Arrmy.

images (4).jpeg

I have 12 GT3B's. Not a single problem out of any of them. The range is phenomenal. The most I have gone out is about 300 yds and it had no problem so no doubt it could go further. The only downside is the remotes take 8 AA batteries. With that said I drive my rc's everyday and I haven't had to change the batteries in over 6 months. Its easy peasy to bind. The setting screen is super easy and straight forward. Grip feels great in your hand. I don't know why anyone would down this remote for 38$ and 1 day shipping from amazon unless they are just a brand whore or think just because something is new it hassssss to be better. Woohoo the new version can take 4 AA or a lipo pack, yep that doesn't scream I'm better to me, but who am I to judge.

It's not a matter of what's better, the issue is that the GT3 uses FlySky's older protocol, and you have no guaranty on how much longer those receivers will be available. You can be pretty sure that the newer protocol will be available for a longer time in the market.

Also the GT5 is 6 channels with gyro support. not sure if you need this now, but it's good to have as an option.

Ok the only thing you got me on is the GT3B is 3 channel and the GT5 is a 6 channel. We arent running rock crawlers here we are talking about a Kraton.

Eastwolf, go on and get your GT3, enjoy it. You will have it for a long time with no problems out of it.
via Imgflip Meme Generator

Last edited:
Another vote for the GT5... Better interface, Huge range, low latency <15ms, more channels, great SVC system gyro receiver.
If you might use either the extra channels, the gyro or even just appreciate it being more future proof, its worth paying the little extra for it.

So just because there is a newer radio you all just drop the previous model like it’s junk and move on? Interesting. If your radio is working fine, why upgrade at all?

I’m also going to be getting the gt3b, this is the only time I’ve ever seen anyone bad mouth it. Must not be that bad if it’s 5/5 stars highly recommended.

Attachments

• 766DAF81-3D6F-4C05-8781-3F64F8C460B0.jpeg
    766DAF81-3D6F-4C05-8781-3F64F8C460B0.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 50
One vote for the radiolink. It was on sale on amazon, the receivers were very affordable. I’ve driven my kraton farther than I could see and never lost signal.

I have a spectrum dx5c now which I like, had a FlySky GT3C great radio and dirt cheap receivers but one day it glitched on me and caused a massive crash and I have never gone back to it...
Also I junked my stx2 after my first use of it..!!
So my vote is dx5c or Futaba 3pv..
The last thing you want is an out of control Kraton or any 1/8 car..!!
I would rather spend a bit more for safety’s sake..???

So just because there is a newer radio you all just drop the previous model like it’s junk and move on? Interesting. If your radio is working fine, why upgrade at all?
Not sure if you were referring me, but I didn’t say you should drop your current working setup, I said that if you want to buy and get into a system now, I would choose the newer version, mostly because in two years when you’ll need more receivers or a replacement remote, it will be more likely that you’ll find it.

- GT5
- DX5C
- 3PV
- Little more money, but by far worth the cost IMO over any radio in the same price range and even in the 200-300 mark — Flysky Noble NB4

I’m also going to be getting the gt3b, this is the only time I’ve ever seen anyone bad mouth it. Must not be that bad if it’s 5/5 stars highly recommended.

There is a massive difference between recommending something newer over something else... and bad mouthing it.

Sounds like you need to apply some of this...

978348f21a36e401a6b777c2edbc76bb.jpg

Last edited:
It's not a matter of what's better, the issue is that the GT3 uses FlySky's older protocol, and you have no guaranty on how much longer those receivers will be available. You can be pretty sure that the newer protocol will be available for a longer time in the market.

Also the GT5 is 6 channels with gyro support. not sure if you need this now, but it's good to have as an option.
What's the issue with older protocol versus new? Excuse my ignorance. The "b" model appears to be considerably cheaper than the "c".

This is why I think the Flysky FSGT3C (almost same as the B, which I've also tested) is a bad radio.

http://razorrcblog.blogspot.com/2016/09/entry-level-rc-radio-comparison-review.html
oh wow, it's you! Funny, as I just watched one of your video comparisons. I read your blog thank you. Good detail. Futaba 3PV is a strong contender, but it's pricey in my country. I am now leaning toward the Flysky GT5... but it's a risk as I'll need to ship from USA to NZ and support will be nil.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back