Kraton V4 FlySky GT3C to replace my STX2? Range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh wow, it's you! Funny, as I just watched one of your video comparisons. I read your blog thank you. Good detail. Futaba 3PV is a strong contender, but it's pricey in my country. I am now leaning toward the Flysky GT5... but it's a risk as I'll need to ship from USA to NZ and support will be nil.

Cool, yeah I post a bit on this forum and a couple of others. Used to have a blog, but switched to YouTube a few years back.

update:
The internet says that of the models I've narrowed it down to, Futaba is the winner.
However, I can get a flysky GT5 from overseas (3-4 week shipping gamble and basically no warranty) from amazon for cheaper.

Then last night I had a run at another carpark location and it was fine on the old STX2. Who knows when it will next malfunction..... I suppose, common sense would suggest that I upgrade my radio gear before I damage the kraton, someones property or a human.

update:
The internet says that of the models I've narrowed it down to, Futaba is the winner.
However, I can get a flysky GT5 from overseas (3-4 week shipping gamble and basically no warranty) from amazon for cheaper.

Then last night I had a run at another carpark location and it was fine on the old STX2. Who knows when it will next malfunction..... I suppose, common sense would suggest that I upgrade my radio gear before I damage the kraton, someones property or a human.
I have bought a flysky gt5 overseas also, no problems or disfunction whatsoever, great radio to replace the stock one.

And rebranded as by hobbyking.

https://hobbyking.com/nl_nl/turnigy-gt5-6ch-2-4ghz-afhds-2a-surface-radio-w-gt5-receiver.html

Last edited:
If your in oz, I'd just get the Tatic TTX-300 and receiver from jrc on ebay, good value for money and very reliable

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back