Kraton Kraton V4 Order of rear assembly Re: dogbones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eastwolf1228

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Hi All,
I'm new to the 6S platform since Aug and have had my first major crash - I'm about to replace much of the rear and while I'm at it I'll replace the pinion with a Team Assoc 14T mod1 and want to swap out bearings to ABEC3 rubber sealed ones..... I keep reading how some folk put their stuff back together and keep forgetting to fit the dogbones in!!!!....
Q) is there a sensible order/sequence of doing things when upgrading bearings please? I couldn't see anything regarding sequence here. There is an awesome video of bearing replacement for a Granite by RazorRC but not too relevant for a V4 Kraton.

Any help would be appreciated thanks - this seems pretty daunting.
The last of my parts should be arriving shortly with any hope.

TIA

For the dog bones you just remove the turnbuckle bolt to open what ever side you need to put in.

Don’t know what to tell you about a bearing video. I never just sit down and do the whole truck. Wheel bearing one time and maybe center diff another time...If you have the difs out you might as well replace the bearings in there.

The input cup will need to be heated with a solder iron or small torch while trying to turn the set screw. Other than that it’s pretty easy. For the longest time I did not know a good way to get the sun gears out. Take the screw out of the side of the diff cup and insert a small screwdriver to pry it up.

Hi All,
I'm new to the 6S platform since Aug and have had my first major crash - I'm about to replace much of the rear and while I'm at it I'll replace the pinion with a Team Assoc 14T mod1 and want to swap out bearings to ABEC3 rubber sealed ones..... I keep reading how some folk put their stuff back together and keep forgetting to fit the dogbones in!!!!....
Q) is there a sensible order/sequence of doing things when upgrading bearings please? I couldn't see anything regarding sequence here. There is an awesome video of bearing replacement for a Granite by RazorRC but not too relevant for a V4 Kraton.

Any help would be appreciated thanks - this seems pretty daunting.
The last of my parts should be arriving shortly with any hope.

TIA
Make sure to heat up the aluminum hexes with a lighter before trying to take out the set screws. That is the hardest thing to do since Arrma uses red loctite in there. I've done it without heating, and I messed up a couple of good hexes and not to mention my hands were hurting for days. Good luck. It's very easy to work on Arrmas.

As far as replacing bearings go, I just go ahead and blanket replace all bearings at once. If you've never had the truck all the way apart, this is a great way to learn.

Just do yourself a favor. Work from one end of the truck to the other. IE do the rear first, move to t he center diff, move to the front. You will be much less confused if you put it back together before you start another section.

And while you are there, its a great time to also change the diff oil if you are going to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back