Kraton Kraton V4 Servo Saver Adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayWalk

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Looking for a little bit of help to adjust my steering. I have run through about 4 battery packs on my new Kraton and noticed that the steering is getting super sloppy. When the car is on the ground the servo has a hard time pulling the wheels left/right, but when elevated it has no problem. I did notice that when then car is on the ground that there is a lot of play in the servo when turning thus limiting the turning ability.

I don't think the servo is bad (yet) because there is no grinding and it has a full range of motion when there is no pressure on the wheels which leads me to believe that the servo saver is loose.

Question...since the 2019 servo saver is supposed to be "never loosen" could this in fact be the issue. And if so how do I go about tightening it up since it is a different setup than the 2018 version?

Last edited:
Looking for a little bit of help to adjust my sterring. I have run through about 4 battery packs on my new Kraton and noticed that teh steering is getting super sloppy. When the car is on the ground the servo has a hard time puling the wheels left/right, but when elevated it has no problem. I did notice that when then car is on the ground that there is a lot of play in the servo when turning thus limiting the turning ability.

I don't think the servo is bad (yet) because there is no grinding and it has a full range of motion when there is no pressure on the wheels which leads me to believe that the servo saver is loose.

Question...since the 2019 servo saver is supposed to be "never loosen" could this in fact be the issue. And if so how do I go about tightening it up since it is a different setup than the 2018 version?
I don’t believe it adjustable. To see if it is loose you would need to take the front end off and remove the servo saver from the steering posts. Mine is loctited together so if yours is the same I doubt it’s loose. Have you checked the rest of the steering components? Maybe something else is loose.

Thanks for the video...very informative. I already checked for binding and the tightness of the pillow balls and all looks good there. The problem is definitely with the servo moving when under tension. I will have to check to see if the servo screws backed out as it could be that, but from just looking at the movement of the servo it appears to be separating from the servo saver.

Hmmmm....not looking forward to taking the entire front end apart to troubleshoot!

Last edited:
Thanks for the video...very informative. I already checked for binding and the tightness of the pillow balls and all looks good there. The problem is definitely with the servo moving when under tension. I will have to check to see if the servo screws backed out as it could be that, but from just looking at the movement of the servo it appears to be separating from the servo saver.

Hmmmm....not looking forward to taking the entire front end apart to troubleshoot!
Try emailing HH and ask them if it is adjustable or not. Can't hurt to ask!

Did you ever figure out what was wrong? I took mine out today for the 4th battery pack and my steering got harder and harder and then stopped turning at all. At first it would still turn while off the ground but now the servo just flexes and nothing moves.

Did you ever figure out what was wrong? I took mine out today for the 4th battery pack and my steering got harder and harder and then stopped turning at all. At first it would still turn while off the ground but now the servo just flexes and nothing moves.
I e-mailed Horizon and they said that the V4 was adjustable via a nut, but when I told them there was no nut they said they took it apart and saw it. Obviously they were looking at a V3, but didn't realize. So long story short, I bought a SAVOX 1210 and it's great now. ?

Ok, after it happened I went to a hobby shop and bought a savox 1258. I finished putting it in and now it's pretty much doing the same thing. It moves back and forth while off the ground but not consistently and sometimes gets stuck

I e-mailed Horizon and they said that the V4 was adjustable via a nut, but when I told them there was no nut they said they took it apart and saw it. Obviously they were looking at a V3, but didn't realize. So long story short, I bought a SAVOX 1210 and it's great now. ?
Shouldn't the wheels be able to turn all the way while sitting still on the ground? I loosened the pillow balls a little and it seems way better but I haven't driven it yet. It doesn't seem to have the strength to move back and forth while sitting still on the ground. I don't know if I should loosen the balls more or not. I guess I should have gotten the 1210.

Last edited:
Shouldn't the wheels be able to turn all the way while sitting still on the ground? I loosened the pillow balls a little and it seems way better but I haven't driven it yet. It doesn't seem to have the strength to move back and forth while sitting still on the ground. I don't know if I should loosen the balls more or not. I guess I should have gotten the 1210.
The Savox 1258 is way way underpowered for a 1/8th scale rc only 166 oz/in of torque the stock one is right around 200 and that is barely enough for a 1/8th scale. Tekno recommends at least a 300 oz/in servo for the ET48.3 and that is lighter than the Kraton is. But yes you should have gotten the 1210sg.

Well, the 1210sg is on the way. I guess I can use the 1258 in my granite!

Thanks Bickety, I was about to drop money on a new servo and a servo mount however following that video clip you posted I was able to fix the problem (pillow balls too tight) and it works. I know eventually I'll still need to buy that stuff but saved me a little time.

The 1210 has been great in mine as well. A video of the beast hitting a mulch pile for anyone interested.
I love the recoil when you notice that you sent it but you were in the path ???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back