Kraton v4 shock rod ends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrma6snewbie

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Looking for upgraded shock rod ends. I see HR makes aluminum and I thought rpm made plastic ones just done know if the HR are any good. Input would be great.

The HR ones are a BAD idea! Trust me, I know first hand...
You want the Nero HD’s ?

ARA330409​

The Tekno pivot balls fit them beautifully also.

TKR5049A​

Last edited:
Above works very well but found these to be cheaper and work just as good:
RPM Rod Ends for the Shocks: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006O7QZW/ - you can get black as well
Kyosho 6.8mm Hard Ball 3.0mm (10) - KYOW0137

I do have the Nero/Tekno combo on my Kraton and the RPM/Kyosho on my Talion. They both hold up better than stock and fail about the same amount.

Here's another thread on shock ends:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/shock-ends-rpm.29783/post-412191

Above works very well but found these to be cheaper and work just as good:
RPM Rod Ends for the Shocks: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006O7QZW/ - you can get black as well
Kyosho 6.8mm Hard Ball 3.0mm (10) - KYOW0137

I do have the Nero/Tekno combo on my Kraton and the RPM/Kyosho on my Talion. They both hold up better than stock and fail about the same amount.

I tried the RPM ones on my outcast and didn't make it through a pack before ripping through 2 of them. Had similar issues with them on my revo. They are just a bit too soft IMHO.

Last edited:
^^^The only other choices are the Stock, Nero HD's and the Tekno's. That I know of anyway.?‍♂️

The HR ones are a BAD idea! Trust me, I know first hand...
You want the Nero HD’s ?

ARA330409​

The Tekno pivot balls fit them beautifully also.

TKR5049A​

Are these the same? ARA330338 comes with 2 big ones similar to the HD ones and a little cheaper?

Like I said above, I still use the RPM arms. They are not as good as the NeroHD but a lot cheaper and come in higher qty.
You break the ends due to 'bad' driving or landing, as we all do, the RPM arms will be ok during the learning phase.
The Nero HD will take more abuse but are not indestructible either.

Don’t forget to set the droop. That is almost as important as a good rod end.

maybe even more important

Like I said above, I still use the RPM arms. They are not as good as the NeroHD but a lot cheaper and come in higher qty.
You break the ends due to 'bad' driving or landing, as we all do, the RPM arms will be ok during the learning phase.
Thanks I agree I ordered the rpm ones you recommended but it’s been more than a 2 weeks and haven’t shipped from that seller.
Don’t forget to set the droop. That is almost as important as a good rod end.

maybe even more important
Thanks there’s so many vids out there idk who’s correct people have different ways of setting the droop.

What did you end up with
Tekno's the past 18 months. Have broken quite a few of them. Going with whatever the 2020 notorious shocks came with next season and have the Nero HD's to replace those.

I mentioned them in that thread I linked to:
Looks like arrma has another version. I ordered some take off shocks from JRC which I believe are from a late model Notorious. I was going to replace the ends with the nero HD ones, but these looked different than the original ones from my outcast. The hole was too small for the Tekno balls, but I forced it anyway. Figured I'd use the ends until they broke, then put the nero ones on then.

Part number: ARA330608
2020-1217-ARA330608-NotoriousV5-ShockEnds.jpg

I forced the tekno balls into those... lol! The tekno's typically snap where that taper starts. The RPM's and originals would stretch/rip towards the bottom.

Tekno's the past 18 months. Have broken quite a few of them. Going with whatever the 2020 notorious shocks came with next season and have the Nero HD's to replace those.

I mentioned them in that thread I linked to:
Looks like arrma has another version. I ordered some take off shocks from JRC which I believe are from a late model Notorious. I was going to replace the ends with the nero HD ones, but these looked different than the original ones from my outcast. The hole was too small for the Tekno balls, but I forced it anyway. Figured I'd use the ends until they broke, then put the nero ones on then.

Part number: ARA330608
2020-1217-ARA330608-NotoriousV5-ShockEnds.jpg

I forced the tekno balls into those... lol! The tekno's typically snap where that taper starts. The RPM's and originals would stretch/rip towards the bottom.
Hey my stock Notorious V5 rod ends broke and I am going to get the Nero HD set do the stock composite balls with the v5 fit into the Nero HD set?

Indestructible is very bad - because then you break other, far more expensive and difficult to replace parts. The Nero HD are the right balance in my estimation.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back